Manual Trans Swap

Withkids

TDI
Non yet
First I want to thank everyone for all the great posts and information to make my swap as painless as possible. Second I want to thank Jeff at Rocketchip for the great service and tune. Luckily I only live about a hour and a half from him, so I drove it to his place. I know everyone says the car will be completely different with the tune but I can't believe how much better it is. Next is a shout out to Frans for the unbelievable speed that I received my transmission. It is still sitting in my garage as I am running a gas transmission. Without the information on this forum and the vendors this swap would have never happened. To gut the parts car and swap my wagon only took me about 30 hours.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
First I want to thank everyone for all the great posts and information to make my swap as painless as possible. Second I want to thank Jeff at Rocketchip for the great service and tune. Luckily I only live about a hour and a half from him, so I drove it to his place. I know everyone says the car will be completely different with the tune but I can't believe how much better it is. Next is a shout out to Frans for the unbelievable speed that I received my transmission. It is still sitting in my garage as I am running a gas transmission. Without the information on this forum and the vendors this swap would have never happened. To gut the parts car and swap my wagon only took me about 30 hours.

Awsome! Without pictutes we all know it never happened! :)

themightyquinn

TDI
1999 New Beetle Black
First I want to thank everyone for all the great posts and information to make my swap as painless as possible. Second I want to thank Jeff at Rocketchip for the great service and tune.
I'm about 2 hours on the other side of York, didn't realize he was that close. How much was the tune? (I really just want the manual programming, but there doesn't seem to be much savings in just getting the whole package)

Withkids

TDI
Non yet
Sorry, didn't see your post. His prices vary from what you want. Look up Rocketchip Tuning and call him. I priced around and he is very reasonable and best part is you don't have to mail your ecu or buy/rent a programmer, hope I spelled that right. You can drive to his place and wait.