Rear caliper carrier question/help

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg- R Line
Hi,

Need some help as couldn’t find what I was looking for, with a search. I grabbed a set of endless brake pads, from a local club member. I have 2012 Golf 5 door TDI. Fronts went on without an issue. But, I didn’t realize 2010 GTIs were different. I order to make the endless rear pads work, can I just swap out the caliper carriers and rotors from 2010 GTI or the MK5 GTI/GLI? Or, will the brackets not line up with my stock rear calipers?

I’m hoping not to have to swap out the rear calipers. And, want to ask before I order or source out some rear caliper carriers, online.

Thanks,

Ron

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg- R Line
For anyone looking to do this, you just need the caliper brackets for the rear. The bosch caliper just barely clears the TRW caliper bracket! I have the endless front and rear pads, and they bite hard. No more spongey feel, and I really cannot believe they difference a real good pad, makes! Super happy with the pads, and night and day difference from the Brembo pads.

I will be upgrading the front rotors, to 312mm as waiting for the calipers to get powder coated. And should have them back in a few weeks. Curious to see if any further noticeable braking improvement when moving from 288mm to 312mm.

I also thought I would try the Tyrol sport brake stiffening kit, but don’t think I’ll need to now, as the brakes don’t feel anywhere near as spongy as previous pads(even with brake fluid flush).

Cheers,

Ron