Cruising on Saturday night in Chicago!!

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Chicago Volkswagen Organization "Cruise Nights" begin this Saturday, April 1st. They will be at the same location as last year:
Scooby's Red Hots
4319 Prince St. (on Ogden, just east of Main)
Downers Grove, IL
This year they will be offering 10% off everything to CVO members. The cars usually start showing up at 7:00 PM.

For those not familiar, cruise nights occur every Saturday in good weather (April-October). They are very informal; simply a great place to hang out and look and talk about cars. Non-members welcome. Don't forget to save room for Chicago-style fast food.

-Rob
CVO Secretary www.chicagovw.com

Copied this from the Vortex
I'll be there
DB

[This message has been edited by Drivbiwire (edited March 31, 2000).]

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
I've done a few of those. They're a lot of fun. We hang out at Scooby's for a few hours. Then we form a caravan a head down to 75th Street in Downers Grove. There we sort of hang in the back of a large parking lot for a strip mall and see what else shows up.

The riceboys are in one corner, the greasers in another with their tired and rusted Detroit cars (old Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs), and the CVO guys with their first class hardware in another. The CVO guys are starting to draw in the Chicago Audi guys and any good Euro cars too. A lot of sportbike guys show up too so there is something for everybody. One year a guy came all the way from Madison, WI with a custom Viper. His girlfriend got more attention than the car!

I'm one of the few club members with a TDI.

Brian, 97 Passat TDI, CVO member #48