Motorkote

Dragracerzzz

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9L BRM 300K Mi. Malone Stage 1.5 tune and haulin the mail! (Courtesy of WIDiesel Service) Thanks Kevin
So has anyone had any luck using motorkote along with spec 505.01 in their PD engine?:confused: It says to only use 4oz every 4th LOF....!:eek: I suspect thats more in line for the gassers but anyone use it and what results did you have? :confused:Thanks friends. I just want to get as many miles out of my "newer" cam and lifters.:rolleyes: (only about 35K on them now with zero visable signs of wear while inspecting with the valve cover off the engine) :D I know those who swear by Lucas but a 1 qt bottle of motorkote is about $25-$30 so is it worth the money and provide results?:D:confused:;)
~DRZ~

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Probably snake oil. Most things that claim that they are to good to be true, usually are. Don't waste your money.

Amazing that folks spend money on some of the bogus crap that is out there.

Last edited:

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
If you want keep your BRM cam in good shape, no additives are needed. Plenty of good results with CJ-4 5w40 oils and 505.01 5w40 oils.

FowVay

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta returned to der Führer
I think the 5W-40 part is very important in the 505.01 requirement.

I bought a bottle of Motorkote once just to see what the hype was about. I didn't notice anything in the engine but I put some in my motorcycle. The difference in shifting was immediately noticeable. I don't think it was a good idea for use in a wet-clutch design but curiosity got the best of me.

I have no idea whether it will prolong the valvetrain components of a PD TDI but I guess it's worth a whirl.

turboboost1

Veteran Member
TDI
None, Did the buyback
Snake Oil. Just use the recommended oil at the 5W-40 viscosity and the recommended OCI.

crashncowgirl

TDI
2014 sportwagon tdi
don't know about snake oil

motorkote is a polymer type product. it attaches itself to any surface that is exposed to the product via an ion bond, which is the chemical version of magnetism for a lack of better analogy, bearing or otherwise. its really the exact thing as static cling. that piece of packaging that won't let go or the balloon that won't stop clinging to your shirt. I believe that as such it will be a molecule thick coating that once bonded is difficult to break.

I have been involved with the trucking industry a while and have seen many miracle products come and go. they hit truck stop shelves with high shelf exposure and great fanfare. then after 2 or 3 years their gone and you can't even remember their names. motorkote has done just the opposite. it showed up several years ago with minimal shelf exposure and a few sales fliers. since then shelf exposure has grown so that some truck stops have as much as 3 feet of shelf space on two levels dedicated to the product. this means its selling to truck drivers that much between delivery cycles. truckers are some of the cheapest people on the planet. they won't put anything in their trucks that they can't see a benefit to in dollars and cents, or risk damage to a very expensive engine and drive train.
I read a post from a trucker that uses it in every other service. he said he broke a rocker arm and the tech that replaced it mentioned how slippery the broken rocker was. this is an indication to me that the stuff is doing what it was designed to do
read one post saying it has chlorine in it therefore will cause corrosion. maybe so but the chlorine wont get through the polymer coating so that is a non issue.
results in an engine where synthetic oil is used it wont be as significant as with convectional oils.
used it in my 05 Cummins I have received a fuel economy increase and some amazing flat running fe meter readings. 37.6 mpg for a 100 mile stretch running behind an oversize load. since then its gone down to 25.6 which includes idle time. this is meter not calculated but still...
I know someone who used it in his kia engine and trans and is very happy. he went from 27 to 35 mpg I assume on the meter and it shifts better now than it ever did including new.
its also the only product, as far as I have found out, not sued by uncle sam to stop making false claims about their product
am going to put it in my sportwagen. just vacillating as to when. only has 4000 miles now. my techno-geek son that had been a patent examiner told me that car companies nowadays put their own versions of this stuff on themselves so I don't know what it will do I also want to see if motorkote's claim of not voiding warranties is actual...though they haven't been sued to stop saying that...yet.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
motorkote is a polymer type product. it attaches itself to any surface that is exposed to the product via an ion bond, which is the chemical version of magnetism for a lack of better analogy, bearing or otherwise. its really the exact thing as static cling. that piece of packaging that won't let go or the balloon that won't stop clinging to your shirt. I believe that as such it will be a molecule thick coating that once bonded is difficult to break.

I have been involved with the trucking industry a while and have seen many miracle products come and go. they hit truck stop shelves with high shelf exposure and great fanfare. then after 2 or 3 years their gone and you can't even remember their names. motorkote has done just the opposite. it showed up several years ago with minimal shelf exposure and a few sales fliers. since then shelf exposure has grown so that some truck stops have as much as 3 feet of shelf space on two levels dedicated to the product. this means its selling to truck drivers that much between delivery cycles. truckers are some of the cheapest people on the planet. they won't put anything in their trucks that they can't see a benefit to in dollars and cents, or risk damage to a very expensive engine and drive train.
I read a post from a trucker that uses it in every other service. he said he broke a rocker arm and the tech that replaced it mentioned how slippery the broken rocker was. this is an indication to me that the stuff is doing what it was designed to do
read one post saying it has chlorine in it therefore will cause corrosion. maybe so but the chlorine wont get through the polymer coating so that is a non issue.
results in an engine where synthetic oil is used it wont be as significant as with convectional oils.
used it in my 05 Cummins I have received a fuel economy increase and some amazing flat running fe meter readings. 37.6 mpg for a 100 mile stretch running behind an oversize load. since then its gone down to 25.6 which includes idle time. this is meter not calculated but still...
I know someone who used it in his kia engine and trans and is very happy. he went from 27 to 35 mpg I assume on the meter and it shifts better now than it ever did including new.
its also the only product, as far as I have found out, not sued by uncle sam to stop making false claims about their product
am going to put it in my sportwagen. just vacillating as to when. only has 4000 miles now. my techno-geek son that had been a patent examiner told me that car companies nowadays put their own versions of this stuff on themselves so I don't know what it will do I also want to see if motorkote's claim of not voiding warranties is actual...though they haven't been sued to stop saying that...yet.
Here is a quote from one of your three posts you have on the forum:

in my cummins diesel you know when the oil is done you can hear it and smell it when you check it.
Link: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4525147&postcount=40

I'll take my oil and additive advice from the longtime members, who have done UOAs and whose hobby is lubricants.

You might want to read/post over on BITOG.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Bill

Last edited:

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
My PD engine has 210,000km on it now.

All I do is change the oil every 16,000km and use a 505.01 approved 5W40 oil.

The car still runs like the day it was new.