Flashing glow plug lights, CEL

BlindViper

Veteran Member
TDI
97 A3
I was on the way home from PA and the car kinda "surged" twice while at 65-70. I didn't think anything of it till about 5 miles later the cel and glow plug light started blinking. At this time the power went to nothing like the car had zero boost. I stopped and looked over everything and didn't notice anything out of place. When I stopped and had the codes pulled they came up as p1246 and p1247. Which from the search looks like they will cause the gp to flash. But I couldnt figure out where the sensor is? Anyone offer some help?

BlindViper

Veteran Member
TDI
97 A3
So I found that the lift sensor is on the #3 injector. I ohm'd it out and it shows as open. Can I take it apart?

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Nope, it's a pita but you have to get a replacement as they're unrepairable so far. I think you can get them from kermatdi, idparts maybe and probably some others or you might find one second hand through the for sale/wanted section.:)

BlindViper

Veteran Member
TDI
97 A3
So your saying there is 100% no chance what so ever in taking it apart? Do you have a part number? Might be time for a modded set....

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
There just a regular #3 injector body for the ALH, AHU, 1Z etc, it's the nozzles that get replaced for more fun. I think the part # is 028 130 201j, that's what it looks like, I've got a knackered one sitting in front of me lol. It would be good if it was fixable but I've not found anything on it yet and I can't see how it would come apart. I think it's just a coil of thin wire that creates a field and the needle part disturbs the field which gives the signal. More than likely a break in the wire somewhere.:)

BlindViper

Veteran Member
TDI
97 A3
So today I ohm'd the sensor again when cold and it checked out at 102. So I am gonna drive it this week and see if it does it again when its warm.