Seal Leon 1m ARL PD TDI intermittent power loss.

Tjen il-vec

TDI
Seat Topsport ARL TDI
Hi all!
I'm a new member so a little introduction would be fair ;)..
My name is Etienne and I'm writing this post from Holland. Several years back I bought my Seat Leon ARL PD TDI and it passed the milestone at 400.000 kms (248548 miles). Still running great as I like to make sure that everything related to the engine stays in pristine condition.
However, despite all of this the ARL seems to have this stubborn power problem since I bought her and only while the engine is hot.. (driving in traffic jam or standing still for a while with a running engine is usually the moment when this occurs).
It intermittently manifests itself when I accelerate fully.. especially felt in second gear. The ARL revs up poorly and can't seem to pass 3500 RPM's. When I shift to third it pulls like there's no problem. Well... I suspect this to happen in the other gears as well but it is most noticable in second gear. Now when this happens I can hear a faint whistling sound that doesn't go up in tune while the rpm's increases.
And I really mean intermittently because when the engine is at operating temperature this doesn't happen.
The car has been logged several times and no mil light ever popped up. No anomalies found in the log data whatsoever.
I've replaced the following;
tandempump
N75 valve
all checkvalves
MAF sensor
MAP sensor
Turbo (with the old turbo same problem)
And I've checked the following;
Intercooler pipes and fittings.
Boostpressure test (no leaks)
Vacuum test (no leaks)
All in all very very annoying not to be able to find the cause :(
Does anyone recognize this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!
Etienne
(Clear case of memory loss.. i've posted this question earlier.. my sincere apologies :confused:)

Last edited: