Big Changes to Car Show Format

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
damn, I didnt win anything that sucks, looks like whoever told me to be in the Radical class was wrong and I would have been better off in the Modified I guess ohh well.
Tomo, what mods do you have, just curious since I have a mk6 too.
any other mk6 besides you and gottafly, I know his mods.
Actually I really don't have mods! just some add on goodies I have a Diesel Geek short shifter, and big sway bar for the back, a steel skidplate and now a HPA Motor mount all at home needing install...and will have it tuned soon then it will be modified for real ;)

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I've bolded the pertinent point from post #1
Class selection:

The Exhibitor will choose the one class in which he or she wishes for their entry vehicle to compete when registering at the show area on the day of the show. This class choice is up to the entrant to decide. It is not for the judges or registration personnel to classify a vehicle. Any car could be entered in any of the three classes, but it will be judged to the criteria, and using the score sheet, of the class the exhibitor will have selected upon entry to the show arena.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Great show and shine! I like the format this year. :)

My Mk2 certainly has more miles than Oilhammer's Golf (and oilhammer's Mk2 more than mine), but it wouldn't challenge the Golf in terms of the year/miles calculation. Hopefully some more super-high mileage TDIs show up next year! :D

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
Date of manufacture and chassis type

10: BrentRN, 11/06 A5
9: Tomo366, 9/09 A5
8: mo_focus, 9/10 A5
7: The Ripster, 04/11 A6
6: bankman, 12/05 A5
5: PSST1997, 11/96 B4
4: Brussels Belgian, 2/99 E300

"Best in Class": TDIinRI (stock) 7/03 A4 and GottaFlyVW (modified) 5/11 A6

"Best in Show": Lloyd Fields (radical) 6/00 A4

"People's Choice": Lloyd Fields

"Longevity": Oilhammer, 3.14 points (407,266 miles in 11.42 years) 4/00 A4

I have no photos, too busy. I didn't even get to see the cars other than the three finalists.
Mine was A6, 2011 Jetta TDI.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yeah, blacked out with the gray wheels and the Coal license plate. Not radical, in my opinion... but an excellent example of a modified car.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Yea, I have already figured out why I put myself in that class and understand what happend with the judging talking to Lug Nut.
Deff should have been in Modified class, but ohh well, learned some thing new and next year will hopfully be different.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
"Best in Class": TDIinRI (stock) and GottaFlyVW (modified)
I have one of the Best in Class trophies in my possession. Sure would like to send it to the winner.........Do we know which of the two above DID NOT received their trophy at the Banquet????

Thanks, Bruce