Considering aftermarket MoMo rims

Bopper

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta GLS Tornado Red
I bent a couple of my rims a few years ago and also have been told that I have some problematic corrosion where the tire seal meets the rim. The tires have been leaking a pound per day for a couple of months and I am tired of filling them up every couple of days.
I am considering some Momo Winter 2's, 14" x 5.5", 4x100, 38 Offset. I have 2 new tires on my car that are 195/60/14's, that I plan on keeping. I have never had any aftermarket rims on any car. Does anyone see any reason these rims would/should not work for me?
Heres an image and link:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...ctSizeFlowController.do?wd=14&bp=4|100.0|3.94

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
The fact that this model does not come up on a Discount Tire search for an A3 14" wheel may mean that the correct size centerbore rings are not available for it. A 15" search does bring up this wheel.

If this one doesn't work, Tirerack has a Sport Edition D5 wheel that is significantly lighter than most 14" wheels (though not ultra light). I've got these in a 15" size and they are of suprisingly high quality considering the price. Not as nice looking as the Momos, though.