Recommend VW Dealer for Bay Area?

digbyn

TDI
Hi All,

I'm new to San Francisco and Bay Area and just got an 05 Passat TDi.
Need to take it in for service, still in the warranty period.
Does anyone have any recommendations for TDI friendly dealers on the peninsula?

Thanks, Digs

Volkstraktor

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat
Good Luck!!!

Give www.1.8t.org a look. It has a section that lets customers rate their dealers.
It's not TDI specific, but at least you can get an idea of who is and isnt honest and competent sounding.
From my personal experience, don't go to Broadway VW in Oakland. Even after I brought the oil specification
to their attention they as much as told me that I was wrong.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
digbyn said:
Hi All,

I'm new to San Francisco and Bay Area and just got an 05 Passat TDi.
Need to take it in for service, still in the warranty period.
Does anyone have any recommendations for TDI friendly dealers on the peninsula?

Thanks, Digs
Forget the dealerships and try one of the independent TDI shops suggested in this thread:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=130044

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
I have not used the service department yet but I have nothing but good to say about the parts department at Dirrito Bros. in Walnut Creek. They have been very helpful and prices are quite reasonable. My car was purchased at Sonnen Motors in Marin and the all warranty repairs and maint. were perfomed by them. Although I did not own the car I have looked at the invoices and the prices seem to be what I would have expected. I would avoid Broadway VW like the plague! Having done a bit of locksmithing for both Sonnen and Broadway VW I do have a little bit of insight into thier operations.