Koni Shock Upgrade issue

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Good morning,
I thought perhaps someone who understands suspension better than i might give me some ideas. I bought and had the KONI fsd shocks installed a few months back, loved the ride the first few weeks but then the shock mount on the rear driver side broke... It started bouncing around and made a terrible noise. It looked like a parts failure (they were the new upgraded ones from idparts). Idparts sent another free of charge, it took a few days to get and seeing that the bolts were tight i knew it would be loud but "fairly safe" to drive around.

With the new one in i had the bolts loosen up once, re tightened with no issue. But just yesterday i have developed a rattle again... I checked the upper bolts and the lower one and everything looks good when i inspected it.

I am wondering if damage was actually done to the shock itself over the time when the mount broke... The noise is not something you can ignore.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Its possible the problem isnt with the shocks or mounts.

Check your sway bar mounts and endlinks. The front sway bar links are known to rattle and the rear sway bar links are known to break.

Also, Are you lowered or stock height?

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
stock height, definitely the sound is still in the rear on the drivers side, i'll check the sway bar... that was actually my next planned upgrade.