Monitoring EGT

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE
Anyone have a cheap set up to monitor EGT? Figured I could maybe get a cheap third party OBD II scanner. Just want to know what people have set up here.

grey matter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Golf Trendline DSG
The Torque Pro App with an ELM 327 adapter works excellent for monitoring EGT's. You also need an android phone too. It also lets you monitor a lot of other stuff too.

nikdfish

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagon SEL
I use Torque Pro with a ScanTool OBDLink LX. I added some VW specific PID's found in the VW.CSV file & linked the EGT temp to a light up button on my Torque display saying "Regen" when temps indicate a regen in progress.

I tried a BAFX OBDii tool previously, but it would periodically stop communicating until reset (also, the ScanTool has a "sleep" mode that reduces parasitic drain on the battery when not in use & a faster polling rate when running).

A not-activated LG android smart phone (picked up as an Amazon black friday deal for $15) on a magnetic mount is used for the Torque display.

Nick

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE
I use Torque Pro with a ScanTool OBDLink LX. I added some VW specific PID's found in the VW.CSV file & linked the EGT temp to a light up button on my Torque display saying "Regen" when temps indicate a regen in progress.
I tried a BAFX OBDii tool previously, but it would periodically stop communicating until reset (also, the ScanTool has a "sleep" mode that reduces parasitic drain on the battery when not in use & a faster polling rate when running).
A not-activated LG android smart phone (picked up as an Amazon black friday deal for $15) on a magnetic mount is used for the Torque display.
Nick
Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for. I was deciding between bafx and obdlink lx. Looks like I'll go with obdlink lx.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I use a ScanGauge. I have it set up to monitor both EGT and DPF.

giuseppe_b

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen SE 6MT
Using Torque Pro with OBDLink LX as well, all the PIDs that I had mapped to my 2010 work on the 2015 GSW.
Sportwagen3, how did you get the light on the Torque display to activate? I had at one time an alarm set but that no longer trips when the temp > 1100F.

dardares

TDI
VW Jetta TDI 2003
I'm using vag dpf apps on the play store (paid version, 5$), and a cheap elm327 that cost me 25$ whit shipping. I've an golf 2015 tdi whit crua engine and work very well. I perfectly see when a regen occur, and when is the last one.

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
The PolarFIS was supposed to have the MQB update done a year ago. I still have a unit waiting to be installed once that ever happens. It puts all the data you want right in the MFD screen and is controlled through the steering wheel buttons. One day soon maybe...

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
The PolarFIS was supposed to have the MQB update done a year ago. I still have a unit waiting to be installed once that ever happens. It puts all the data you want right in the MFD screen and is controlled through the steering wheel buttons. One day soon maybe...
Beta units are supposedly out there now.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
This is good news for me. I recently purchased a new MQB vehicle (unfortunately not a TDI) and I have been debating whether or not to sell my PolarFIS+. Perhaps I will hang onto it for a while and see what happens. I have not been able to get any information from Polar or Kerma, they say they are "checking".

Have Fun!

Don

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
I've read that post by Charlie at Kerma and hope that's a promising sign as well. But, I hope that it's beta software, not a beta unit...meaning a different piece of hardware to go along with it since I've already purchased the PolarFIS+ unit.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Anyone hear an update yet on PolarFIS working for mk7 GSW TDI?
I was just going to pull it from my mk6... but I now find this thread.
They sent out an automated email asking for folks to send them autoscans of their vehicles. Maybe that means soon? Hope so

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
So probably means next year, cause they said soon last year too!

Ha