Backup Camera 5 MPH Speed Limit

smittyatl

TDI
GSW
I have a fairly long driveway and have noticed the backup camera goes black over 5 MPH.

Anyone found a way to change or modify this setting?

zigrow

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
I was told that there is no way to change it by the service department at my local dealership. I haven't found any information anywhere about changing it with vagcom.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Do a VCDS module install list, see which/where the modules are. I do not have an A7 here now, but I *think* it is somewhere in one of the modules (park assist maybe?) that allows a change for the camera speed limit.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
So I had a 2015 Golf in here late yesterday, poked around for a few minutes and could not find anything related to the camera at all in any of the modules.

I did find (forgot where) a place you can disable that annoying freewheeling nonsense the Aisin slushboxes use (this was a 1.8L gasser), but that won't help anyone here. :eek:

Johnso21

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
I have a new tundra and was able to clip the wire that tells the navigation unit what speed the truck is moving at, this allows me to use the truck features while its moving. I wonder if there is a similar cable used for the back up cam that can simply be spliced in with a switch...

I should say I didnt clip it but I added a toggle switch so I can turn the speed off and on.

cyclopropene

TDI
12 Golf DSG (Bought Back 12-12-18)
I did find (forgot where) a place you can disable that annoying freewheeling nonsense the Aisin slushboxes use (this was a 1.8L gasser), but that won't help anyone here. :eek:

That might help me! I sold back my TDI DSG and bought a 1.8 TSI Golf ('16) with that automatic transmission. I still lurk here sometimes because I miss the diesel, but while I'm ok with the TSI (only one penny more per mile in fuel costs using RUG on my commute), I hate the transmission after 6 months of driving it. Any adjustment that could improve it would be welcome. The only problem is I'm not sure what you are referring to with "freewheeling nonsense". Care to elaborate?

Thanks...