Finally traded in my TDI

Tinkertoy

TDI
'17 passat SEL 1.8t gasser, '13 passat se dsg
Hi folks,

I finally turned my 14 tdi se 6 spd in. In return, i ended up with 5 grand in pocket.

my car had nearly 120k on it and was due for all of the major maintenance items.
The Fed pump just crapped out too. add to that, some side swipe damage that I could not afford to fix, and the decision was a no brainer.
My mileage also dropped due to a much shorter commute to work. I used to average 48-51 mpg combined (pencil and paper) before I switched jobs. the much shorter distance dropped me to the 38 to 40 mpg range.

I got my '17 sel premium 1.8t for just under 21k after applying my restitution money and before taxes and stuff. So far, it is the best feeling passat I have driven (out of 7-8). I absolutely love it. I did the dark gray with a black interior.
I find it funny how quick I got used to the fancy gadgets! the infotainment system is light years ahead of my old one. I love the fender sound system.

to date, it has about 1200 miles and I'm averaging about 28 mpg combined (on paper, which is only about .2 or .3 mpg off of the dash number). I have seen 39.5 highway a few times. you have to be pretty careful and mellow to hit those kind of numbers though.

so far, I am thinking about chipping it, doing some vag-com mods, a light tint job, and eventually ditching the crap tires vw has chosen to spec.

overall all it was a deal I could not pass up and am glad I went through with it. If they release new diesels, I will be first in line for a TDI SEL.

that all said, I will be sticking around here for all of the great advice and vast knowledge of the members.