Fender Audio System -Booting up issue??

suparag

Veteran Member
TDI
None now.
This morning, the Fender system stayed on the boot up screen for almost 15 minutes into my morning commute, none of the buttons worked, and could not power it off. 15 minutes or so into my 40 minute commute, suddenly it started playing.

I have had this car for 6 weeks, so not much experience with this system. Any feedback is appreciated. Weather was not a issue I think, it wasn't too cold or hot.

Suparag

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
I would be looking for an update for the system.....Email the manufacturer with your problem.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Updates, both firmware and maps, are not legally available for free download. If the car is still under warranty, you might get the dealer to update the firmware, but map updates always cost. In fact, often the only map disc a dealer has (and it's seldom the current version) is to install to a new nav unit, as they are not shipped with any map. They don't stock the latest version for sale or install.

The thread you linked mentions some people offering the firmware, but they received a warning letter from lawyers to desist from the practice. I don't think anyone will provide it any longer.

suparag

Veteran Member
TDI
None now.
Updates, both firmware and maps, are not legally available for free download. If the car is still under warranty, you might get the dealer to update the firmware, but map updates always cost. In fact, often the only map disc a dealer has (and it's seldom the current version) is to install to a new nav unit, as they are not shipped with any map. They don't stock the latest version for sale or install.

The thread you linked mentions some people offering the firmware, but they received a warning letter from lawyers to desist from the practice. I don't think anyone will provide it any longer.
I just ordered the new firmware from eBay. That seems to be the latest version. Mine currently boots anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes into the commute, until you turn the car off. No backup camera, no bluetooth handsfree phone, nothing. Should be getting it tomorrow, and I will post the results of the firmware update.

vr6chris

TDI
'10 JSW S 2.5L 6mt

suparag

Veteran Member
TDI
None now.
Upgraded firmware and music working!!!

I just ordered the new firmware from eBay. That seems to be the latest version. Mine currently boots anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes into the commute, until you turn the car off. No backup camera, no bluetooth handsfree phone, nothing. Should be getting it tomorrow, and I will post the results of the firmware update.
Got the new firmware upgrade CD today and it does work. It is not a original disc by any means (copied and written on cd-r with sharpie marker), but it worked, and the system boots up and plays. Software version was 4369, now it is at 5382, and more importantly boot right up, has the Video-in-motion enabled and the secret menu (whatever that means).

Freddy_Philippines

TDI
3c0 035 684 J
hello im just new here... can anybody help me with
update for 3c0 035 684 J HW:H21 SW: 4369
my unit is keep restarting and the logo is distorted... really need help... from Philippines