FrostHeater & Warranty

SS92

TDI
2015 GSW SE
Hi All, new to the community here. I have a 15' GSW I picked up from the buyback and so far it has been an awesome ride. Had a bad bad bad leak in the sunroof that got fixed under warranty but otherwise smooth sailing.

My question now revolves around installing a frostheater and maintaining the powertrain warranty. Does anyone know if this would invalidate the 2yr bumper to bumper warranty or any other applicable warranty if one came up? I don't want them pointing to an aftermarket coolant heater as the reason for something mechanical. I am otherwise bone stock and will remain that way for some time.

Installing a frostheater isn't a need but more of a want to make getting up to temp faster here on cold Chicago days and keeping it plugged in at work on their dime.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Only VW or the dealer you take it to can answer whether they will deny warranty due to that. Ask your servicing dealer. Ask them to install it and then if they do it is on them. It would be kind of stupid of them to install it and then deny warranty.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Just because a dealer installs an aftermarket part doesn't mean the warranty (for that system) is still valid.

I'd see a frost heater install as an easy out for denying a leaking water pump as it is an aftermarket part.

Heck even installing an OEM coolant heater of those installed on Canadian TDIs may be enough for VWoA to deny the warranty as it didn't leave the factory in that conditions.

It'd be like the dealer installing lowering springs and then the strut bearings going out and expecting VWoA covering the cost.

Lightflyer is right in the sense it can't hurt to check with your servicing dealer of their opinion as it's better than guessing.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
If you talk to them (the servicing dealer) about it and they say okay and then install it, they would have it on their hands at that point. More than likely they would be the only ones servicing the car and have no reason to deny coverage. But generally they won't agree to do anything not OEM for the most part and refuse things like this up front. Anything you do to the car can be used to deny coverage. Just go read the rust through thread and see where they denied coverage due to bird poop and tree sap.