When will the new EA288 be out ?

skromfols

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Jaguar XE TDI, 2014 Sportwagen TDI
I'm seriously considering buying a Sportswagon TDI. I want a manual transmission because I'll be doing occasional light towing, and manual transmissions are very few and far between.

After checking with a few dealers on 2014 Sportswagons and finding no manual transmissions I saw the article on the new EA 288 engine that was coming out in mid 2014 as a 2015 in Jedda's and I'm guessing that it will be in the Sportswagons.

Since I'll have to order my vehicle to get the color, options and manual transmission I'd like to order it as early as I can after they start going with the new engine. Otherwise I'd have to wait until the new engines are in the dealers and then order one, and I don't want to wait that long.

Any ideas on who I can contact to find out when VW will start using the new engines in their production line ?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I believe that the EA288 will be the standard engine in 2015 model year VWs. Usually the new model year VWs show up around August/September so you have about 6 months to wait. We really won't know for sure until the 2015 cars actually start arriving at dealers.

Have Fun!

Don