Car Seat

Z85rado

TDI
2015 Sportwaged TDI
We need to get a car seat for my soon to be 8 month old.. what do you guys have? I'm afraid I won't be able to sit in front of it at 6'2..

thanks,

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
A Diono Radian with an angle adjuster worked well in my '10 JSW. It had the same leg room as the GSW, and I'm 6'1"
https://www.amazon.com/Diono-Radian-R120-Convertible-Essex/dp/B01CL9GDDU/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1500430791&sr=8-3&keywords=diono+radian
https://www.amazon.com/Diono-60320-Radian-Angle-Adjuster/dp/B006I1QTYQ/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1500430791&sr=8-5&keywords=diono+radian
The angle adjuster wedges unde the seat when rear facing. It seems kinda lame, but works well. The Diono is also pretty narrow which helps with rear seat room, and doesn't interfere with the center armrest like some seats can.

Z85rado

TDI
2015 Sportwaged TDI
thanks.. looking at the wedge i will have to see how it may interface with other models. My wife is.. for lack of a better term.. crazy when it comes to reviews and for some reason she says it had bad crash reviews. I put roughly zero credence into crash test reviews across the board. I digress

rc74racer

TDI
2015 GSW SE TDI
I have a Chicco and really like it. I am 6'4". There is no way I could sit in front my son with his seat facing rearward. I take him to the sitter every day and put the seat behind the passenger seat. Whenever I go out with a friend over 5'10" I pull the seat out. Once he sits forward it won't be an issue. When he was an new born and we used the newborn seat this was not a problem.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a full size car seat that you face rearwards and are still able to sit in front of it at your height.

Z85rado

TDI
2015 Sportwaged TDI
so basically we just deal with jockeying the seat side to side until we can forward face it?

aside from a large sedan, land cruiser, minivan.. etc you're **** out of luck it sounds if you're tall.

rc74racer

TDI
2015 GSW SE TDI
so basically we just deal with jockeying the seat side to side until we can forward face it?

aside from a large sedan, land cruiser, minivan.. etc you're **** out of luck it sounds if you're tall.
Even though it's a rather roomy little wagon, it's still a compact car in the rear seat area. My Chicco seat is extremely easy to setup and move if need be, but it's basically like you said pretty much until it's front facing. My GF doesn't mind not being all the way back so I only have to move the seat for friends.

I haven't done the buyback for fix yet because of the rear seat area. I am considering an SUV, but really like this car so I am content to wait for a bit until I figure out what is truly best for us, fuel economy vs. space.

spyderbite9001

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S
For me, safety was #1 behind comfort. My daughter LOVED the Chicco Keyfit 30. Its huge though and barely fit in the Golf. Since she's 2 now, we've moved to the Britax Boulevard and it fits ALOT better but doesn't have a removable carrier which is indispensable for an infant.