** 2003 Golf GLS - 5spd - FL **

gone postal

Veteran Member
TDI
97 Jetta TDI, 03 Golf TDI
$3,800 on stock wheels
$4,500 with both sets
2003 GLS with sunroof and black cloth interior

I thought this was never going to happen! I've had two additions to the family since I bought this car and there's just no way to squeeze 4 kids and a wife into a Golf...

I purchased this car just over 3yrs ago from the original owner with 212k miles on it. It is currently 286,xxx. PO had it dealer maintained its entire life and I have a decent stack of receipts to prove it. On the other-hand, I do my own maintenance, so have some receipts, but not quite as comprehensive.

It is a lifetime Southern vehicle, rust free, accident free (just pulled a CarFax for potential buyers), and probably has the best A/C system I've ever owned. PO was a FL sales rep and I commute 90 miles/day, so it has always been 90% Interstate driven. It has had regular 10k oil changes (Rotella) and a TON of recent work / upgrades ($2k parts alone!). I planned on keeping the car despite the larger family, but we literally (yesterday) just signed a contract for a new home, so the car equity could go to better purposes (like a golf cart!) I'm not desperate to sell this. It only costs $45/mo in insurance, so no huge loss on my end. Clear FL title in hand.

Since I've owned it:
  • New battery
  • New pads / rotors at all 4 wheels
  • New EGR valve
  • JOM Blueline coilovers
  • FULL timing belt kit, water pump, oil pump chain & tensioner, serpentine belt & tensioner, thermostat, etc @ 280k
  • New PP520 injector nozzles with DBW rebuilt / balanced bodies @ 280k
  • Malone 1.5 tune with EGR delete @ 280k. I have not deleted EGR yet. I have a spare intake manifold that I want to clean and then install it at the same time. The dealer sold the PO a new manifold yrs ago when the original caked up, so I still have that one.
  • New poly front LCA bushings / TT rear LCA bushings @ 280k (I have new balljoints too, but didn't end up installing them)
  • New main cooling fan @ 280k
  • 18" black powdercoated CCW Corsair C15 wheels with house brand 225/40/18 tires @ 270k. I have the centercaps, but needs new o-rings to hold them in place (http://www.ccwheel.com/corsair/c15/ )
  • Also have factory 15" wheels with General Altimax RT43 tires installed Sept 2016 (so 15k on them) and then took them off when I bought CCW wheels
  • Pioneer double DIN DVD HD AVH-X5600BHS receiver (plays movies when not in park)
  • Factory GLI aluminum interior kit - full cage, door pulls, handles, etc - NO pedals or lock pins - NOT fully installed (only did driver's door so far)
  • Interior lights converted to LED
  • Includes $60 windshield sunshade
  • Includes ScanGuage

Now for the "bad" stuff:
  • Headliner sagging
  • Center console lid broken
  • 'sticky' soft touch interior pieces
  • Small hole worn through driver's mat & carpet
  • CEL for Glowplug - believe #3 - 99.9% sure it's harness. I live in FL - don't care
  • Not necessarily "bad", but still original clutch and turbo
  • Passenger heated seat inop - never diagnosed it
  • Rear window tint is bubbling pretty badly
  • Typical doorcards' glue failing - some staining on driver's
  • The Indigo Blue paint is shot on the roof and was starting to fail on the hood, so I "plastidipped" the entire car in Anthracite Grey a year ago (dipyourcar.com). It has been a year and my first time, so some minor peeling at edges, etc. I bought a sheet of 3M black vinyl for the roof, but have yet to install it (wanted this b/c then I could plastidip the car any color I want and it'd still match).

Last edited:

gone postal

Veteran Member
TDI
97 Jetta TDI, 03 Golf TDI
*bump* - I pulled this off the market, but have only driven it a little over a 1,000 miles in the last few months, so figured I'd lower the price $500 and put it back up for sale