VAG-COM, and a P0401

Evan Sussman

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
A'ight, first off I just got a used '04 Jetta TDI from a dealer, and when I bought it the MIL light was on. Part of the deal was to get it fixed, and they've been working on it. So far we've been unsuccessful. The code generated is a P0401. As of now they've replaced some part in the EGR system, I think it was the pump. Cleaned the holes, did an Ohm test, flushed the whole system which resulted in my car not starting, so we plulled the glowplugs out and pumped the fluid out, then we got it to start, and I drove it home hoping the flushing had fixed it. Fifteen minutes down the road the MIL came back on, and the dealer had closed, so I've gotta wait till tomorrow.

Oh, today when the technition(sp?) was diagnosing the problem, he took it for a test drive after resetting the MIL light, and fault codes. He said that while the MIL light did not come on, the P0401 code was triggered after about 16 miles, longer then before he cleaned the holes. I think he checked the MAF too.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has had any similar problems, or suggestions. I'm not experiencing any power loss. Any help or input is appriciated.

On another note, is the KEY-USB the correct interface of a VAG-COM for my car? If not, which is the right one.

Thanks

-Evan