TDI Land Speed Record

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
Is it possible to use your needle adjusting technique to make the speedo correct? lose 4MPH instead of gain 150 KPH? Got a link or description of the process?

-Jack

suffeks

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GT TDi
yes, its very easy. simple take the cluster apart, and rotate the needle counterclockwise until you get a perfect 0 reading. dont worry you wont break it, but there will be some resistance. this is also the same procedure for removing the needles.

so you would rotate it 1 full position. if you have a vag-com, simply run output tests on the cluster, once the speedo shows a perfect 100km/h, its perfectly set.

Melvoid

TDI
White '96 Passat and Gold '03 Jetta wagon
Mine ('96 Passat TDI) did something by itself today. It re-zeroed itself at about 65mph and is idling at about 5500rpm. The dealer says something about servos and circuit boards requiring a replacement of the entire instrument panel. I'm going to try rebooting first, but if that doesn't do it, any suggestions?

suffeks

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GT TDi
simple take the cluster apart, and rezero the needles yourself manually, and save some money!

Melvoid

TDI
White '96 Passat and Gold '03 Jetta wagon
I believe I'll try that first. It's below zero right now, so I may have to just put up with it for a few days.

Thanks for the suggestion