Canadian Car in the Us registration

single94

TDI
2012 passat tdi
Anyone else have one like this? I purchased this car in the us, with a us title, its in my name, us settlement says try canada, Canada says go to the us.

I think i read somewhere that you need to submit these claims via slow mail direct?

Any information of what has been done or what to do please share.

single94

TDI
2012 passat tdi
turn in canada

From what i see if you put in a canada claim on a car that is in the us under canadian settlement you get around 2000 us dollars to modify it, no option for buy back unless you owned it prior to sept of 15.

Under the us settlement, the car would be bought back, so huge difference, problem is a canadian vin isnt recognized in the us, my insurance company couldnt id the car as well by vin.

Anyone able to turn in a canadian car in the us?

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
Are you saying the car was sold by a US dealer?

I'm pretty sure if it was originally sold to the US market that it would fall under the terms of the US settlement.

On the other hand, if it was sold originally to a Canadian market, it would not qualify for the US settlement.

Last edited:

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
have a look at this thread

From what i see if you put in a canada claim on a car that is in the us under canadian settlement you get around 2000 us dollars to modify it, no option for buy back unless you owned it prior to sept of 15.

Under the us settlement, the car would be bought back, so huge difference, problem is a canadian vin isnt recognized in the us, my insurance company couldnt id the car as well by vin.

Anyone able to turn in a canadian car in the us?
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=456857