Sturgeon Bay, WI GTG Oct. 6th

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Well since there has been quite a bit of interest in a WI GTG, I figure I'd put one on. The catch is that I'll need a fair amount of help with getting everything setup and grilling some burgers and brats.

For those unaware of my situation.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ericmurrock/mystory

http://www.ericmurrock.com/index.html

The GTG would start at 9 AM on Saturday October 6th.

The location is 203 Keel Ct. Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235

Our shop is 60x90 and we just installed a 2 post lift.

JFettig has offered to make the trip and load Malone tunes, CR tunes included;) for those looking to have that done.

I'd prefer that mostly minor work is done at the GTG, unless I approve it. We don't need any extra vehicles left over, otherwise we'll just haul them over to the scrap yard across the street. jk lol

Looking forward to seeing everyone.:D

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Cool, subscribed. Hopefully I can make it.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Darn. I'll be there the week before to stimulate the local economy. That would have been a fun activity. But the bright side of missing the GTG is I probably saved some real cash. My wife alone in the shops would have been painful (at least to me).

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
I'm looking forward to this, too. I've done time on the grill at previous GTG's, so if you need a grill person, let me know.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Darn. I'll be there the week before to stimulate the local economy. That would have been a fun activity. But the bright side of missing the GTG is I probably saved some real cash. My wife alone in the shops would have been painful (at least to me).
Feel free to stop by and say Hi if you've got some extra time.;)

Looking forward to this!

PM/Email me if you want tuning so I can get a head count.
I can setup an area for you to load tunes.

I'm looking forward to this, too. I've done time on the grill at previous GTG's, so if you need a grill person, let me know.
If you wanna head up the grilling, that works for me.:cool:

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
If you wanna head up the grilling, that works for me.:cool:
Burgers and brats provided or would I have to bring some? If I need to bring them, I'll need a headcount at some point beforehand.

Depending on the size of the grill and amount of food, I'd estimate getting it all cooked and tabled in 30 minutes or less. Just like Domino's.

Last edited:

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Shucks, just got the date for an event I knew was going to be in October I have been excited for all summer and its Oct 5-6th.

If that gets rained out, I will make it to this one.

Will there be a "car show"

If I do go I may be interested in having my brake fluid changed if someone has the right stuff to do this.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Burgers and brats provided or would I have to bring some? If I need to bring them, I'll need a headcount at some point beforehand.

Depending on the size of the grill and amount of food, I'd estimate getting it all cooked and tabled in 30 minutes or less. Just like Domino's.
If you wouldn't mind bringing some burgers and brats that would be great.:)

Actually for those coming it would be great if you could bring something to the GTG to share be it food or drink would be much appreciated.

TDIinWI

TDI
'15 Jetta SE TDI (Current Chariot), '05 Passat TDI (RIP), '03 Beetle TDI (RIP), '00 Golf TDI (RIP), '98 Jetta TDI (RIP)
Sounds like fun, I hope I can make it.

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
i'll get my car out one of these days. it is back together towed with it the other day still needs some stuff ironed out before i take it on a road trip. hasn't seen much use the duramax is the new project/toy, tdi has been on the back burner.

Last edited:

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
I should be good for this - never been that far upstate before (and heard it's beautiful country). Might be hard to find a room for the night being leaf watching season and all. Any recommendations Eric?

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I should be good for this - never been that far upstate before (and heard it's beautiful country). Might be hard to find a room for the night being leaf watching season and all. Any recommendations Eric?
I'll have to do a little research on lodging in the area.

Just wondering if I should see if Peter wants to make trip and bring some parts with him?

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
According to MapQuest, it's only about 3 1/2 hours from my house, so IMO, it shouldn't be too difficult to get back home before it gets really late.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Beautilful time of year to be in Door county. Sometimes it's rainy but it's not 95F.

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
also forgot to mention i was up at huckstorff diesel in franklin, wi (south burbs) and they said they'd be open for a dyno day down the road on their SuperFlow dyno. I believe they are having a dyno day in sept i'm going to try and get up to. just food for thought from the older thread on getting a dyno day on the calendar. they are looking to get more into the tdis one of the owner's wife's has a BRM.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
You really can't go wrong with any of the hotels here. I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend.

According to MapQuest, it's only about 3 1/2 hours from my house, so IMO, it shouldn't be too difficult to get back home before it gets really late.
Pretty much true. I was able to make it to the northern part of Milwaukee in 2 1/2 hours without to much effort.

If there are enough people looking to stay over night maybe block of rooms could be set up with a group rate?

sperryrand

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg 0
Subscribed as well. It's an easy drive from the northwest Milwaukee exurbs. Fingers crossed that I can finally make it to a G2G...

TDIinWI

TDI
'15 Jetta SE TDI (Current Chariot), '05 Passat TDI (RIP), '03 Beetle TDI (RIP), '00 Golf TDI (RIP), '98 Jetta TDI (RIP)
what time are we planning on kicking off ? and is there something to bring or a dish to pass, etc ?

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Quick update from my side,

I will be doing Common Rail and DSG tuning as well as any TDI 1996 and newer, sounds like I might be doing a Jeep Liberty CRD as well.

I can also bring out HFLOX nozzles for anyone who wants them. I have a few sets of bodies if anyone wants them set up and ready to swap into your vehicles.

If anyone needs nozzles, or a tune on a TDI pre-2000, I need to know ahead of time.

TDIinWI, I am running those WARP 3 nozzles, I do like them!

Last edited:

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
what time are we planning on kicking off ? and is there something to bring or a dish to pass, etc ?
See post #1 for the time, and if you want to bring a dish to pass, go right ahead. I'll be doing brats for sure, and possibly burgers, too, on the grill. Anything else to put on the table would just add to the variety.

grizzly1200

TDI
2003 Jetta 5 Speed w/ VR6 Clutch Conversion, EGR Delete & RocketChip Tune
Sounds like fun, how are you running the tunes? First come first served? and how much?
(First GTG) and are the we younger TDI enthusiasts frowned upon from coming?

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds like fun, how are you running the tunes? First come first served? and how much?
(First GTG) and are the we younger TDI enthusiasts frowned upon from coming?

I'll let JFettig answer the 1st part of your question, but you're more than welcome to attend.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I'd prefer to know who and what I'm tuning before I get out there, I should have plenty of time to tune everyone who wants them.
All pricing is on Malones website: http://malonetuning.com/?page_id=161, just select the type of TDI you have. I follow those prices very closely(round up a buck to make easy cash handling)

If some decide to get tuned last minute, it shouldn't be an issue, I'd just like to cover whatever I can ahead of time to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks,
Jon

blazen71

Veteran Member
TDI
All Gone
My wife and I will be attending!! Please let me know what you would like us to bring, side dish, dessert, etc. My wife is an excellent cook! I will be getting a Stage 1 tune from Jfettig and was wondering if someone with VCDS could help me do some logging and check Injection timing before the tune? Looking forward to meeting everyone. We will be staying with friends in Jacksonport.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Bring what you what you want. I'll be bringing brats, for sure, and possibly burgers, too, for the grill. Side dish, or dessert, is completely up to you. If you think people will eat it, then by all means, bring it. :D

blazen71

Veteran Member
TDI
All Gone
Blazen, we can use mine. I log before and after every tune!
Sweet, Thank you!!!!!

Bring what you what you want. I'll be bringing brats, for sure, and possibly burgers, too, for the grill. Side dish, or dessert, is completely up to you. If you think people will eat it, then by all means, bring it. :D

I'll talk to Sarah and see what she wants to make.