How long are people waiting on previous claims

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive
Just got the offer letter in the mail today dated 1/15/2018. I then check the portal and it is still stuck on step 15. ***, it doesn't take 20 days to mail something and there is no reasonable explanation this couldn't be done on the portal. Just stupid.
Just got my repair offer today dated January 19th 2018.

Just wondering once I bring my car in will I be receiving the amount stated in the letter "ESTIMATED Amount VW Will Pay You" or is it broken into TWO payments, partial payment now and the remainder at some point in the future?

06mkvtdi

TDI
'06 Jetta
Received mine today dated January 19th as well. If your car has a previous owner as mine did, it should state below the estimated amount that the payment is based upon a valid claim by the vehicle's previous owner etc. Once the fix was approved, participation payments ended. Payments are now only made after the vehicle is fixed.

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive
Received mine today dated January 19th as well. If your car has a previous owner as mine did, it should state below the estimated amount that the payment is based upon a valid claim by the vehicle's previous owner etc. Once the fix was approved, participation payments ended. Payments are now only made after the vehicle is fixed.
That is exactly what my offer is.

However I thought originally the vehicle would be brought in for a stage 1 or step 1 inspection and then repaired some months later. I suppose this was the scenario before there was a repair.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
2 buddies got there offer letters for their a7's from ups friday. They have had their cars about 3 months. Here I am w an a7 same situation and next week it will be 7 months and nothing for me. How are they processing these things? Doesnt make sense they have an answer after 3 months and I am month 7 and nothing still.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
2 buddies got there offer letters for their a7's from ups friday. They have had their cars about 3 months. Here I am w an a7 same situation and next week it will be 7 months and nothing for me. How are they processing these things? Doesnt make sense they have an answer after 3 months and I am month 7 and nothing still.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Got 4 of my 9 outstanding previous claim letters via UPS 2nd Day Air on Friday, 2 more scheduled to arrive today (can see it through UPS myChoice).

Seems dumb to have a digital portal and then manually send offer letters, but whatever.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
Got 4 of my 9 outstanding previous claim letters via UPS 2nd Day Air on Friday, 2 more scheduled to arrive today (can see it through UPS myChoice).

Seems dumb to have a digital portal and then manually send offer letters, but whatever.
How are you doing on them? Previous claims turn out to be legit or you get surprised and get full amount back on some or what?

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
How are you doing on them? Previous claims turn out to be legit or you get surprised and get full amount back on some or what?
So far all were legit previous claims. Bit of a bummer.

An additional data point: all letters have been dated around Jan 24-26. So 3+ week lag time.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
So far all were legit previous claims. Bit of a bummer.

An additional data point: all letters have been dated around Jan 24-26. So 3+ week lag time.
Today got request for proof of acquisition which is bill of sale to proceed. Did you get any w that request?

Mxrado

TDI
Audi Q7 Cayenne
So I finally got my offer in the mail. I am getting half of he restitution, when I called them to tell them that there was no previous claim, they are telling me that because I bought in July of 2017 I am only eligible to half of the restitution, even if there was no previous claim. Does anybody know if this is accurate???

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
So I finally got my offer in the mail. I am getting half of he restitution, when I called them to tell them that there was no previous claim, they are telling me that because I bought in July of 2017 I am only eligible to half of the restitution, even if there was no previous claim. Does anybody know if this is accurate???
That's not correct. If you are getting a half offer letter, there was a previous claim. I'd escalate to PSC attorneys, but likely not much they can do.

Today got request for proof of acquisition which is bill of sale to proceed. Did you get any w that request?
Every single vehicle had that request. They wouldn't accepted assigned titles (since I'm a dealership, I don't have an actual title, just the re-assigned title from the previous owner) so I had to get bills of sale for 20+ cars. Most of which were bought at auction, which give you a digital bill of sale (says "e-signature on file"). This wasn't enough for VW, so had to get signatures on all bills of sale.

This process was a big PITA and poorly thought through, but oh well.

Last edited:

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
I just got off the phone w class counsel and they are saying they are in negotiation w VW about the spirit of the settlement and not paying people at all that they deem just trying to profit off of settlement. They told me people may not even be able to get the fix done and get the money from that. they are currently in negotiation and there is no set date to continue negoatiation. It could go until the end of the settlement.

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
I just got off the phone w class counsel and they are saying they are in negotiation w VW about the spirit of the settlement and not paying people at all that they deem just trying to profit off of settlement. They told me people may not even be able to get the fix done and get the money from that. they are currently in negotiation and there is no set date to continue negoatiation. It could go until the end of the settlement.
News to me. I've turned in 20+ 2.0L and Gen I 3.0L cars and had the fix performed on all but 6 of my 20+ Gen II 3.0Ls.

Have gotten paid on basically every one (waiting on some fix money for a handful fixes performed in past 10 days, but that is typical). If I wasn't deemed as "profiting", I don't see how anyone could be.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
News to me. I've turned in 20+ 2.0L and Gen I 3.0L cars and had the fix performed on all but 6 of my 20+ Gen II 3.0Ls.

Have gotten paid on basically every one (waiting on some fix money for a handful fixes performed in past 10 days, but that is typical). If I wasn't deemed as "profiting", I don't see how anyone could be.

Do you have dealers license?

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
Do you have dealers license?
Yep. Although I didn't for the first 15 cars or so. Was buying them and paying applicable taxes, registering them, etc.

Then got a dealer license for auction pricing and avoidance of registration fees.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
Yep. Although I didn't for the first 15 cars or so. Was buying them and paying applicable taxes, registering them, etc.

Then got a dealer license for auction pricing and avoidance of registration fees.
She said dealers can do it no problem. She said because people that are not dealers avoid paying state tax and other taxes. Maybe shes full of it thou.

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
She said dealers can do it no problem. She said because people that are not dealers avoid paying state tax and other taxes. Maybe shes full of it thou.
That's odd, because I had to pay state taxes in order to receive the necessary documents to file a claim on the early cars (registration, title) before I had my license.

Greg5OH

Vendor
TDI
13 Q7
Similar to others, i just got my offer package for the 2013 Q7. Previous owner made a claim on it so only getting 4100. Mad though, as when I was running the VINs in the system to see what to buy, some had the 8k, and some had 4k available, so i purchased one with the 8k, and filed immediately, only to find out it only had 4k available rebate.
Claims just said sorry, our system isnt always up to date.
Oh well, still got a good deal on it..just not a stupid deal,
That being said, my dealer has been good to me after they coudlnt find my exhaust leak on 3 different times, I insisted it was there. Finally foudn it myself (was literaly right at the turbo, downpipe flange had a broken weld), they gave me a new cat and DPF, 1.5 months after the inital bridge warranty expired, as the case was still "open">
They will get the business of doing the NOx retrofit as well

843tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 Premium Plus, 2015 Passat SE Tdi
So my package in the mail as well which is weird but what ever. How long has the turn around been once being mailed back to get an approval to go ahead and make an appointment to get the fix done? Or has anyone gotten that far yet?