Still searching for a 01-03 tdi,5 spd wagon. Anybody willing to sell??

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
Hey guys, its been a while. I kept getting offers from people down south in like texas and Florida who wanted me to drive there and get there cars...

1)car HAS to be in ontario not out of province,
2)has to be a manual
3)has to be a alh motor
4)PREFERABLY under 300k, wont consider anything above unless records are provided

I dont care if its a sedan or wagon i just need one asap

Will pay cash$$ and pickup

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
The first 1 is a scam. The guy makes it sound amazing. I found the original owner. He sold it to the kid for 1500$this kid did nothing with it other than try and make 400%profit . You cant get it etested as it was last done in 2015. The turbo is shot. There is rust everywhere . Scam deal making it sound perfectly good. Wont let you test drive it eirher until you pay for it .

And i search kijiji everyday my friend trust me haha. All of ontario search everyday and nothing is up

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
The first 1 is a scam. The guy makes it sound amazing. I found the original owner. He sold it to the kid for 1500$this kid did nothing with it other than try and make 400%profit . You cant get it etested as it was last done in 2015. The turbo is shot. There is rust everywhere . Scam deal making it sound perfectly good. Wont let you test drive it eirher until you pay for it .
And i search kijiji everyday my friend trust me haha. All of ontario search everyday and nothing is up
Why can't you get it eTested? All you have to do is pay for the test. The fact that the new seller is trying to make a profit is not as important as is the car worth the asking price? Best way to know is to go and see it or ask for detailed pictures. Trying to make a profit is not a scam.

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
Why can't you get it eTested? All you have to do is pay for the test. The fact that the new seller is trying to make a profit is not as important as is the car worth the asking price? Best way to know is to go and see it or ask for detailed pictures. Trying to make a profit is not a scam.
Because rhe TURBO IS SHOT cant run properly, wont pass, engine lights on, you think i didnt research? I found the original owner and talked for 30 min everything with the car .
The old man who sold it was honest and true he sold a beat up wagon for 1500. This kid who has no morals or decency which is common in todays age... is flipping it for 400% profit and did nothing to it. The turbo is gone. He tells me it runs fine. He wouldnt let me test drive it until i paid for it, by then its my problem not his,. I got all the records of the car from the vw dealer. Need i continue? Take what i said and thats it dont reply with questions why and assume i didnt look into it. Posting for a car not a questionnaire. Oh ya the suspension front end was shot (bad tierods and sway bar links original owner told me)the kid said he never had any issues and it was "tight" . a POS seller

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
The 'turbo is shot' is very subjective, it could have been actuator or just dirty vanes, maybe the person made an effort to troubleshoot and fix.. Not saying he did, but unless the seals blow out and pukes oil the issue is usually around that turbo, not the turbo itself.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy the car for that kinda money without a test drive either.

I have been trying to find a replacement sedan since the winter so I check kijiji every day and receive email notifications. When I finally found a good enough one for me it was rear ended within a month.. crazy and then I was on the hunt again for another, and this one is far from perfect. I totally get the frustrations.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Because rhe TURBO IS SHOT cant run properly, wont pass, engine lights on, you think i didnt research? I found the original owner and talked for 30 min everything with the car .
The old man who sold it was honest and true he sold a beat up wagon for 1500. This kid who has no morals or decency which is common in todays age... is flipping it for 400% profit and did nothing to it. The turbo is gone. He tells me it runs fine. He wouldnt let me test drive it until i paid for it, by then its my problem not his,. I got all the records of the car from the vw dealer. Need i continue? Take what i said and thats it dont reply with questions why and assume i didnt look into it. Posting for a car not a questionnaire. Oh ya the suspension front end was shot (bad tierods and sway bar links original owner told me)the kid said he never had any issues and it was "tight" . a POS seller
He is asking a stupid price, there is no doubt about that but he has the right to ask anything he wants, regardless what he paid for. Did the new owner fix any of the issues that the previous owner had? Maybe he did. Can't just assume what the previous owner said is still valid. If the seller doesn't want the let anyone drive it then that's their choice. Since the car probably isn't plated, I can't blame him from that but he will have one heck of a time selling it. I think you've made you judgement based on what he bought the car and now what he wants to sell it for. He might not be a POS seller, just someone trying to make a buck.

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
Potentially but he sent me pictures of the turbo and its still the same unit as the factory as the original owner sent me picture as well and it looks identical . Just jeep searching i guess. im willing go spend 7000 for one if its good shape and safetied.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Potentially but he sent me pictures of the turbo and its still the same unit as the factory as the original owner sent me picture as well and it looks identical . Just jeep searching i guess. im willing go spend 7000 for one if its good shape and safetied.
For that much money, I would look in the US below the rust belt. Importing a car is not that big of a deal. Did a few times over the years. Bringing it in through NY state is simpler than through MI.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
How many kms do you drive a year?

Why not spend like 4k on a newer gasser, because you can put alot of fuel in the car for 3k

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
i dont have any knowledge of importing cars, dont really want to deal with the conversion rate which is really steep right now. have to cross the border with all paperwork. so if i find a car down there for 5k usd im looking by the time its in my driveway and insured at almost 8k cnd. the fees, taxes, exchange rate just isnt worth the effort i find. plus all the distance to travel based on trust the car is good wen i have seen 3 cars in ontario and all of them are nothing as described. you cant trust anybody anymore

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I understand but if you ask for detailed pictures then you will know at least what the body looks like. The main benefit of southern cars is the lack of rust. Since you are after a car that's 15 years old, it will be hard to find one that isn't rusted or on it's way there already. Once you import a car it's not that difficult to do it again. I also understand the lack of trust in people but if you ask enough questions and pictures, you will get a good idea what you are looking at. Have you tried looking for cars in AB or BC? AB doesn't use salt so the cars are pretty much rust free.

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
I understand but if you ask for detailed pictures then you will know at least what the body looks like. The main benefit of southern cars is the lack of rust. Since you are after a car that's 15 years old, it will be hard to find one that isn't rusted or on it's way there already. Once you import a car it's not that difficult to do it again. I also understand the lack of trust in people but if you ask enough questions and pictures, you will get a good idea what you are looking at. Have you tried looking for cars in AB or BC? AB doesn't use salt so the cars are pretty much rust free.
good idea ill check outwest

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
I've had several BEWs and i find that they're just as good as the ALH. With those cars being a couple years newer, sometimes they're cleaner. I used to be against the newer engines, but they were trouble free for me. Just make sure you pull the valve cover to take a look at the cam prior to purchase.

If you're planning on running WVO, then I agree that an ALH or older is a safer bet.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Look at the one that is for sale in the For Sale sticky above by member 6oh. Seems like a great deal. Clutch could probably get done for $700-900 on that car.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
I've had several BEWs and i find that they're just as good as the ALH. With those cars being a couple years newer, sometimes they're cleaner. I used to be against the newer engines, but they were trouble free for me. Just make sure you pull the valve cover to take a look at the cam prior to purchase.

If you're planning on running WVO, then I agree that an ALH or older is a safer bet.
My 04 wagon winter beater rolled past 500k 2yrs ago. No issues. The 01 golf went past 500k last week. Both original turbos. The wagon was a auto and swapped to 5spd 3yrs ago.

In my opinion, you'll be looking for a long time for that low kms 5spd ALH wagon unicorn.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
My 04 wagon winter beater rolled past 500k 2yrs ago. No issues. The 01 golf went past 500k last week. Both original turbos. The wagon was a auto and swapped to 5spd 3yrs ago.
In my opinion, you'll be looking for a long time for that low kms 5spd ALH wagon unicorn.
Yeah, exactly. I ended up with my 1st BEW because i couldn't find a clean ALH within a restricted time frame. I've now had several and not been disappointed. (and have never replaced a cam)

6oh

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Sedan / 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Just saw this posted on a mkiv facebook group...

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Lowered cars and different size tires than stock will be a safety issue if the mechanic is honest.

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
i just have heard alot about the camshaft issues with the bew, i have had multiple options come and go simply because i dont want to get into the issues at hand. obviously some units well maintained can hit 500k + but i dont want to depend or hope they've used the correct oils and hope there is no damage. If the incorrect oils have been used on the bew other than the camshaft going what else can be affected, i may lean more towards the bew since alot are out there as well if you guys can give me some insight on issues with incorrect oil. also the glow plug recall is another thing/ the fuel delivery system ive heard is alot more if it fails as well? true ??

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
hey johhny04 i looked up 6oh and he doesnt have any new posts under his username. and under the cars for sale there is just a passat wagon with a automatic? where is this car for sale by 6oh you speak of lol

6oh

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Sedan / 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
hey johhny04 i looked up 6oh and he doesnt have any new posts under his username. and under the cars for sale there is just a passat wagon with a automatic? where is this car for sale by 6oh you speak of lol
sold the 01 TDI Sedan yesterday (needed a freshen up that my non-mechanic hands werent looking to invest into), was hoping one of you guys would take it off my hands... a kijiji reponse was determined to get it though, and not just to part out. Sorry.

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
Its too bad about the quarter panel on this, this is a late 03 with esp (can see the button beside the heated seat). This makes it a late 03 with the ALH and center console cup holders, leather, sunroof (fully loaded) etc, the unicorn of 03 ALH's sedans, the 03 wagon with the ESP is the ultimate unicorn.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...el/1395952841?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
My 2003 alh stick wagon has ESP :) I think any wagon under 400k is worth a good look. I bought mine for $1600, but needs approx. $1500 in body repair( both front fenders, rocker touch up and rear hatch) that said I'll still be under the going rate for clean 03's will less then 400k.

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
What this dude's after, doesn't exist. There's a reason why us enthusiasts call them 'unicorns' after all....
Well there is plenty just hard to acquire. I got time , one will show up

Found a 2003 wagon tdi with a manual swap for 1400 has 320k.
Ill take a golf or a jetta also . Simply prefer the wagon is all

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
I think you can get body repair parts for the mkiv like rockers and maybe patch panels for the rear quarters....

mkv - no luck, i've looked and called places... no one makes them...