castol txt on top of motul on top of castrol

engineerorange

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta
It's almost time for the 20k service on the passat. I already have the 40k kit from worldimpex. The first two changes were done with castrol txt purchased at the dealer because it was cheaper than mail order. The 40k kit was cheaper mail order than purchasing all of the items needed for a 20k service from the dealer. Now my question. If I switch from TXT to Motul now, will it hurt anything to switch back to TXT for the 30k service? My preference would be to run elf and nothing but elf, but it is convenient to order the prepackaged kit and i haven't found a kit with elf in it. If only Danix would return my email about filter kits for the B5.5

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
In an ideal world we'd stick with one oil and not be changing products everytime we change the oil...

Route 66

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW
I posted this question over at Bob the OIl Guy and a response was that oil consumption is a possibility.

Precisiontuning

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
n/a
you can switch without harming anything. Oil companies change formulation every year or so.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
engineerorange said:
It's almost time for the 20k service on the passat. I already have the 40k kit from worldimpex. The first two changes were done with castrol txt purchased at the dealer because it was cheaper than mail order. The 40k kit was cheaper mail order than purchasing all of the items needed for a 20k service from the dealer. Now my question. If I switch from TXT to Motul now, will it hurt anything to switch back to TXT for the 30k service? My preference would be to run elf and nothing but elf, but it is convenient to order the prepackaged kit and i haven't found a kit with elf in it. If only Danix would return my email about filter kits for the B5.5
If you call John at Impex, he'll take the Motul back and send you the ELF if that's what you really want. If you pay to ship the Motul back, he won't charge you to ship the ELF to you.

Otherwise, he said they are assembling an ELF kit.

Lito