Anything new for 03 VW

Alster

Veteran Member
I would imagine that VW will start manufacturing the 2003 models in a couple of months.
Now with the Hybrid's sticking their nose in the tent will VW import the Polo with
the diesel engine. I have seen some of the new Suzuki's, Aiero, and the Toyota Echo.

I am not sure but I bet the designers of those cars have probably helped design the American
Motor cars of the 70's/ Pacer and Gremlin.

It would appear that with VW the only U.S.importer of TDI passenger cars they could import
possibly the Polo with a certified U.S. diesel for the same price as at least theSuzuki "Aiero".

I have also read in this website that there will be no manual windows for the 2003 TDI. I hope they
have really fixed that problem. Especially out her in the N/W where it has rained everday for
7 days in a row.

For what it worth;

Alster

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
In America, we are expecting the arrival of the 100HP TDI motor. That was the most significant change noted about 4 weeks ago in the press release.

tjl

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Originally posted by Alster:
I would imagine that VW will start manufacturing the 2003 models in a couple of months.
I have also read in this website that there will be no manual windows for the 2003 TDI.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.vwvortex.com has an article which lists what they believe to be preliminary changes for the VW 2003 models in the United States. If that is correct, GL models will get power windows standard.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I have my doubts about the 100hp TDI, unless it is mid year. I have looked at the ordering guide for 2003 jetta wagons in Canada, and it still indicates the 90hp TDI. It could change as the pricing still isn't available.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Jetta Wagon for 2003 is going into production on week of the 28th April. The 90HP TDI is the motor, only Beetlebuzz has said there will be a 100HP TDI in 2003. ScottVW, VWVortex, dealer and others say the 90HP TDI will continue. Does not make a lot of sense for VW to introduce a new motor in the Mk4 in 2003 when the current motor meets emissions requirements.