www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Fuels & Lubricants

Fuels & Lubricants Discussion all about Fuels & Lubricants. synthetic oil, conventional oil, brands, change intervals, diesel grades, gelling and such debated items like that. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed. This forum is NOT for the discussion of biodiesel and other alternative fuels.

Old November 26th, 2017, 18:28   #1
Codyusaf

Default MkV TDI transmission

I have a 2006 1.9 TDI with the automatic transmission (I donít know if itís DSG). And there is a shudder/shake in the transmission around 50-60 MPH and it seems worse under wide open throttle.
Has anyone else experienced this?
The car has 205,000 miles and Iím the second owner.
Codyusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2017, 12:17   #2
Ol'Rattler
Veteran Member

This service http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/ds...nic-oil-flush/ needs to be done every 40K miles on your transmission. Do you know when it was last done?

If you do the DSG service at the same time as the oil change, use this kit:https://www.idparts.com/40k-service-...rm-p-4063.html or you can buy the DSG fluid and filter individually.

Also, you will need to monitor tranny temp when you refill it to get the level correct and you should check for transmission DTC's (fault codes). A generic OBD reader like the auto parts store use will not report transmission DTC's and AFAIK will not report tranny temp. You have to use a vehicle specific scanner such as VCDS. https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vchv2_ent/
Draw-Tite hitch
Dash Tray
Blue tint aspherical mirrors
Euro Cupholder
Euro Light Switch
2nd grocery hook
VCDS Hacks: DRL Disabled-Seatbelt Chime Disabled-Key fob Power Windows
Adjusted Cam to Crank Timing

Last edited by Ol'Rattler; December 3rd, 2017 at 14:26.
Ol'Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 06:06   #3
tactdi
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2005.5 Jetta

After performing the DSG fluid service, and you can find someone with VCDS, you can also try performing a DSG Reset, and then performing the Defined Test drive to recalibrate the clutches. Ignore the initial description concerning replacing the Mechatronic unit. Since you are not replacing any units, just resetting the DSG.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...arbox_(DSG/02E)
tactdi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 10:24   #4
Rico567
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyusaf View Post
I have a 2006 1.9 TDI with the automatic transmission (I donít know if itís DSG). And there is a shudder/shake in the transmission around 50-60 MPH and it seems worse under wide open throttle.
Has anyone else experienced this?
The car has 205,000 miles and Iím the second owner.
It would appear that your DSG transmission is somewhat overdue for service. I performed the service on our Passat at 40 using the measure-and-refill method, which requires no leveling or temperature-taking.
My experience is outlined in a thread I started:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=457823

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 12:41   #5
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

How do you know it is the transmission?

Sounds to me more like the drive axles are suspect. If they are Chinese, then I KNOW they are suspect.