Leicaman's Ride

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Here is a snap of my new to me 2015 Golf TDI SE. I have had it for a few weeks and put nearly 2000 miles on it. So far so good. It has only had part one of fixes done, so we await the 2018 fix for emissions.

In this photo, I have the factory 17 inch alloy wheels on it, but now it sports my blizzaks on steelies (16 inch btw). It has started flawlessly with 6 below weather we've had the last few days. That is a good thing.

Come spring, I am going to put a new set of rubber on those factory alloys. Nothing really wrong with the tires, but the tread is legal but not new, as they are original tires.

The car has some nice features compared to my B5.5 Passat that preceded this new acquisition. My daughters bought me a pair of club license plate frames for Christmas as my old ones from my B5.5 have cracked in spots.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Welcome to the ex-B5.5 club! Does anyone know what the FIX Part 2 will entail? Cracked a few club license plate frames, so I finally just sprung for the aluminum ones.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
I really don't know either on the Part 2 fix. All I know that it will be perhaps in 2018. The plastic ones lasted 10 years. They are inexpensive, so that is a plus in my eyes.