JSW Buying advice

crustodd

TDI
Buying an '09-'12 JSW
Hello all,
So, I'm trying to buy a JSW from a local dealership. Between two cars, 1 is a CPO car with 53K on it, has some dings/small exterior imperfections. Car 2 is a local car, 61K on it seems to run a little smoother/stronger and is almost perfect and a locally sold and owned car. Both are DSG. Car 1 is silver, car 2 is black (a little harder to keep nice looking). I will own the chosen car for a loooooong time. So, I will run the 10/120K extended warranty out at about the same time I would the CPO because I drive 45-50K a year. I could buy either car for about the same price.

QUESTION--Are there likely issues OUTSIDE of the 10/120K, 4yr/48K emissions coverage that makes the CPO warranty really important to have?

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
I would always choose the longest warranty possible outside of the standard emissions coverage warranty on the cars. FWIW, I purchased my most recent Mk6 Golf TDI in May, CPO from a local dealer where I have purchased four cars. Since then I have used the CPO (24 months/unlimited mileage) warranty for a leaking brake caliper and just yesterday, for a failed hatch latch. $50 deductible.

Components fail, these cars, while fairly solid are getting older. Your 2012 JSW will likely have been built 6-7 years ago. With the unknowns of any used car, I would opt for the CPO warranty.

crustodd

TDI
Buying an '09-'12 JSW
Yep, went with a 2011 JSW, DSG, 68K, CPO, 1 owner local car. White-Gold, which is a slightly odd color. More silver it seems, which I like. $9990 with all DMV fees included. Bought from Armstrong VW in Gladstone Oregon. Easy process, and they had quite a few available

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
CPO also has to pass certain tests or they cant certify it. You can bet that VW wants everything perfect enough to last at least through the warranty so they dont have to pay out anything