Cranking but not firing up, hpfp failure?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Yup I agree with you. Now they are thinking its the aftermarket LED bulbs for headlights, high beams, turn signals, pretty much everything......

is there a such thing of led headlight bulbs and brakes and interior causing electrical issues with fuel pump and others to get fried? I never heard of a such thing. Old jsw had them and had no issues for years. Heck, she lasted nearly 300k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piotrsko

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf, 2000 F-250 (7.3)
led's CONSUME LESS, so less current, less alternator,battery, system load. Geez, freaking parts swappers.

stuff they should be looking for: fuel line blockage, crap in tank, clogged tank filter (common issue in F250's or when using biodiesel), plugged return lines, frozen check valves, corrosion on tank grounds and wiring connections. stuff like that. the stuff with little return and hard to do for small profit.

this is why i have the $$$$ pricey factory service manuals. fun to go to stealership and say problem is page 303-030-43 then tell them to look it up.

MHO: time to call VWOA

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Update.... got the car back on the 16th, 3 days shy of a month in the shop.

Now today marks 10th day without breaking down. She has broken down on exact 7 days after returning to me.... this is a new record.

Still waiting to hear from VWOA about lemon law application.

So far they replaced the wiring from fusebox to the CP4 pump, they believe it’s the culprit. It seems possible since it is now 10th day. Finally...... but I am not holding an candle to that.

Also new CP4, aux pump this time. Yep 3rd time of replacements.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Good luck, but not holding my breath.

Me too. Just got the official word from
VW, they wont process the lemon law on this car. Wont give me any reason why. Screw it. They messed with the wrong person. I am
Going to get lemon law lawyer.

Last edited:

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
There is no lemon law on a used car purchase. You stated in the first post that you purchased the car with 27K miles.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Guess I can just burn it if she break down again. She is on her last chance. I am done. I need a vehicle that can run flawlessly for 40k miles a year. One break down per year is ok but 4 in 2 months including 3 days shy of a month stay in the shop, Thats ridiculous stupidly too long.

Thanks guys for all your feedbacks. Your feedbacks are very valuable.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
sure enough, it was HPFP all along, fuel tank was coated in mold/mildew due to sitting 2 years as a former buyback car. 6 months/5k miles and 5 HPFP later.... LOL they cleaned it up and replaced everything. good to go! just a FYI/update.