1-1-2019 ho5g gtg

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Once again we are hosting the very first GTG of the new year on New Year's Day, 1/1/2019!
Festivities will start @ 9am-ish and go to 10pm-ish on 1-1-2019.
HO5G rules apply remember if you feel the need to fill the town's coffers with your hard earned cash do so at your own risk by driving DUI or speeding. The chief of police lives 3 doors up from the HO5G and he will be glad to accept your contributions.
A few notes about our GTG format:
#1 – ALL newbie’s:
By newbie’s I mean all of you that we don’t know. Just because you've been here doesn't necessarily mean we know you! You need to ‘check in’ with us and get a name tag. This is our home and we would like to know who’s here!
#2 – Food & beverages: It's not fair to expect the same people to provide the bulk of the food!
Bring items we all share. We provide propane and grill.
#3 – Work
Garage space as always is first come, first served there is a lift list. Big jobs need to be cleared by us first. As always – NO timing belts unless done by a pre-approved (i.e. mrchill, HermTDI) or a veteran approved club member. Those arrangements MUST be made in advance with us & the person doing the work.
Bring the TOOLS and FLUIDS that you'll need for the job! We have a brake bleeder and oil extractor available. Bring containers for your fluids! (We have a relatively shallow well for water so fluid spills are unacceptable.)
ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY 10pm
We enjoy opening our home and warm garages to you...all we ask for is a little courtesy and respect in return. As my sign says: BE NICE OR GO AWAY!
Now back to our regularly scheduled GTG - bring your tools, to do lists and a little something to share food/drinkwise!
Bring food, bring drink, bring tools and bring good weather!
The garage will be warm and the lift ready - clear all lift jobs w/ PeterV!
Hope to see you there (I mean here!)
PeterV & Hamsterdiesel
PS - Stay tuned to this post #1 for updated info!

Last edited:

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
I may bring a special surprise if its ready in time :)

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Nice! My '15 is getting the phase 2 done starting the 26th, not sure if they're gonna do the full deal or just the reprogram. We shall see if I get my vacation that week, can't risk missing work on 2nd if I don't get vacation and lose 2 days pay...it's been a few years since I made the trek out....

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Can’t wait! We will be driving from Grand Rapids and spending the night at the Asa Ransom House at the half way point.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Can’t wait! We will be driving from Grand Rapids and spending the night at the Asa Ransom House at the half way point.
That's only about 30-35 miles west of me! How the heck did you hear of it? You mean the night of the 30th?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
That's only about 30-35 miles west of me! How the heck did you hear of it? You mean the night of the 30th?
Yep! I found it because I was looking for a half-way point to stop overnight that had EV charging and accepted pets. I used www.plugshare.com to look for options and Asa Ransom showed up. Then I checked out their website and saw that they had two pet-friendly rooms, so I booked for the night of the 30th. Want to stop by for a drink in the evening?

https://www.plugshare.com/location/66126

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I'm in, but no diesel. I donated my last one this past weekend.

HoageeBill

Veteran Member
TDI
'15GSW
Looking forward to seeing y’all again.

I’ll lurk a bit before deciding what to bring; offerings based on perceived need.

Just had the phase 2 mod done on my ‘15 GSW. Initial indications - no perceptible change in performance. MPG? And will the Ad Blue last until the next service period? Perhaps not.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yep! I found it because I was looking for a half-way point to stop overnight that had EV charging and accepted pets. I used www.plugshare.com to look for options and Asa Ransom showed up. Then I checked out their website and saw that they had two pet-friendly rooms, so I booked for the night of the 30th. Want to stop by for a drink in the evening?

https://www.plugshare.com/location/66126
That sounds ok- a place nearby has awesome donuts you could pick up in morning for trip east-Paula's Donuts. I think I did get the week ending the 6th off, so I might be making trek myself.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
That sounds ok- a place nearby has awesome donuts you could pick up in morning for trip east-Paula's Donuts. I think I did get the week ending the 6th off, so I might be making trek myself.
Shoot me a PM if you want to get together in the evening on the 30th.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
May I request a garage bay for 3~4 hours for an electrical wiring circuit modification in the Volt?

Asterix

TDI
Y2K Jetta crashed/reborn 2004 Jetta GLI , 2004 Passat pd BHW, diy tb & cam on BHW
Count me in for the day. I hope to do a tandem pump replacement on a BHW, if the ordered pump arrives in time.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Merry Christmas Peter & Julie!!

N1DAS & Lisa --> IN!

It's been several years since Lisa and I have been able to make it to a New Years Day GTG at the HO5G. We did not go to Florida this year like we usually do.

Planning to bring the 535d. :cool:

Last edited:

DeeBee

Veteran Member
TDI
Ex 99.5 Golf (Blue), Ex 96 Passats (Blue & Grey), Ex 97 Passat(Green)
Once again we are hosting the very first GTG of the new year on New Year's Day, 1/1/2019!
Merry Christmas Peter & Julie!!!

Oh how I miss the Ho5G GTG's.... Awesome memories and great friends!
Another one that I will not be attending:(
Enjoy yourselves. I will be with you in spirit from the land down under:D

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Merry Christmas Peter & Julie!!!
Oh how I miss the Ho5G GTG's.... Awesome memories and great friends!
Another one that I will not be attending:(
Enjoy yourselves. I will be with you in spirit from the land down under:D
DeeBee!!!:eek:
So good to hear from you! A new continent, I see... Be careful of all those deadly critters there down under! Hope you had a wonderful christmas!

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
I don't think there will be a need for a separate food thread...

That being said, check back often to see what might be needed!

Right now I can tell you that plates, napkins and FORKS ONLY are needed. I have enough spoons and knives to dig to China.:(

Food and drink are always a necessity!