Inexpensive suction device for differential oil

Turbo_Boss

TDI
2002 Jetta 1.8T
Hey guys,

I am going to replace the differential fluid on my automatic transmission (01M)

I have read some people use a oil suction device like the Pela or Mityvac 7400 to suck out all the old differential fluid but I found on e-bay this "inexpensive" oil suction device: Wel-Bilt Manual Oil Extractor Model# KXOE-002 for $8.49

Have any of you has experience with this model? I really dont want to spend to much on a Pela/Mityvac

THX

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Admittedly, I have Zero experience with the 01M auto tranny, but seems the drain plug would/should be at the lowest point in the diff. Thus, it should drain out just fine without the use of suction!

Turbo_Boss

TDI
2002 Jetta 1.8T
Admittedly, I have Zero experience with the 01M auto tranny, but seems the drain plug would/should be at the lowest point in the diff. Thus, it should drain out just fine without the use of suction!
The 01M auto tranny use a separated oil container for the differential. There is a drain plug for the automatic fluid but there is no drain plug for the differential oil.

I need to remove the speed sensor and thru that hole I can take out the differential oil with a suction device.

THX,

Isaac

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Hardware Fright sells some really cheap suction devices...so cheap you could throw it away when you're done with it. If you can find a coupon for it, it's probably $4 or something close to that.