www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old June 5th, 2018, 20:08   #16
Tsch125

I am super frustrated about the situation. I test drove a used 2014 Q7 TDI from their lot tonight and it didn't do what mine does. They said there's nothing wrong with mine ("no faults in ECM or TCM") and nothing they can do about it. I think they just don't know what to do but I feel like something's still not right. Likely not their fault, maybe they don't get good support from corporate. That was the sense I got in January when I had the fix completed.
Anyone else have anything to weigh in with? Suggestions?
Tsch125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2018, 14:43   #17
MEgearhead

TDI(s): B5.5, 4L

On our '15 I've noticed some surging at slow speed when alternating between coasting and very light power. Leaving our neighborhood there's a slight grade that's too steep for continual power, but not steep enough to coast or require brakes. I have not noticed it with constant slight power. It's my wife's car so I'll ask her. BTW, do you notice the lag in throttle response if you have to get into it right after letting off?
MEgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2018, 14:45   #18
MEgearhead

Meant to ask:. Do you have VCDS?
Old June 8th, 2018, 19:13   #19
Pittdawg

I've posted this a few times now but I just installed a Sprintbooster on my Q5 TDI and it really helps speed up and smooth out the throttle response (i.e. much more linear).
Pittdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2018, 22:09   #20
Tsch125

Sorry for the late reply but my issue was resolved by simply resetting the throttle/transmission by myself. It took all of 20 seconds! Still baffled the dealer did not suggest or perform this simple procedure.
Tsch125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2018, 05:35   #21
RebelTDI
Veteran Member

My 2016 Q5 TDI had the emissions a few months ago and we probably put around 1000 miles on it. DPF light came on yesterday. Taking it in today. About 37K on the odometer. Perhaps a sensor gone bad? We'll see...
RebelTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2018, 06:05   #22
mike
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Q 34, ALH 49/45/43

Rebel, how did you make out?
What dealer?
Looking for a Boston area dealer who can do my emissions fix.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2018, 06:07   #23
RebelTDI
Veteran Member

No word yet from dealer. My wife drives the Q5 most of the time, which winds up being a bunch of short trips. If these cars do more regens post emissions fix, i suspect the DPF light is going to come on more frequently. The light eventually went off, so I suspect it just needed a long drive to finish the regen. I wonder if they'll be able to tell me the ash load in the DPF when I pick it up.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 06:09   #24
RebelTDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
Rebel, how did you make out?
What dealer?
Looking for a Boston area dealer who can do my emissions fix.
It's at Westwood Audi. They treat me very well, always provide a loaner, and do good work.
Old September 25th, 2018, 19:43   #25
MEgearhead

As a point of reference, our Q7 right after the mod had interrupted regens frequently. We're talking a few times a week. Now (8 mo later) they are far less frequent. Maybe once a month. Prior to the mod none. We never knew when it did a regen. Hope it works out well for you.
Old September 26th, 2018, 08:50   #26
RebelTDI
Veteran Member

Well, no problems found, which is good. I think my solution will be to take the Q to work once a week. With an hour commute each way that should provide plenty of time for a regen. Cheers!
Old October 2nd, 2018, 20:24   #27
MEgearhead

Good to hear! Driving them more is always a good thing. It's also best to not baby them. Our first Q7 we bought used. It would throw a NOx sensor code regularly, but after driving it for a while, (often aggressively) it never came back until Audi bought it back. Similiar experience with my 2005 Passat, but it was limp mode. Bottom line: enjoy it!