Key fob options

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
It's because the system is detecting the.fob.

I thought the same.

Get the fob away and should work. Mine does.

Turn once, manually turns tumbler to unlock driver door. Immediately let it spring return and unlock again for a 2nd micro switch hit and all doors will unlock, but if the fob is nearby it won't do the 2nd all doors unlock.

It took me a while to find a place inside the car to hide the fob to get everything to function they way its supposed to with the dummy key.

In reality, there shouldn't be a fob emitting any rf or signals, and only input should be from micro switches which should only operate with correct cut key.., In such an unfortunate event both the fob is destroyed and car battery are totally dead, and all yoi have is the physical blade itself.

If the fob is nearby it'll overtake dummy key input (micro switches in door module),. And all you'll achieve is a physical unlock of one door and will ignore anything else digital.

Order of operations. That's my next educated guess without harassing a vw engineer

Now, off topic, holding lock or unlock on door tumbler doesn't roll windows up or down like my 09 did... I'm still poking at that one...

Last edited:

nomadic

TDI
'15 Golf TDI S dsg
Ok thanks for the info. Locking Fob in my Jetta glove was far enough away that all doors unlocked. Golf obviously not the same. Will try a bag or putting it someplace else.

I’m also “considering” trading my Golf TDI for a Focus ST. I work from home so don’t “need” a tdi but I like it.

Had a Focus ST and liked it except the ride quality was a bit stiff over less smooth roads. Mine also had an annoying rattle from the get go. Anyway sold it and got a used supercharged Mustang GT. That was an absolute beast but too much power for the street. Always driving in containment mode.

Sold that and got the TDI, bc got a great deal used and thought I’d be more sensible. Will test drive an ST again and listen for rattles and see if I want one again. It’s a fun car, quicker than TDI and sportier and I like the manual in the ST. That said the TDI is also engaging although not being a “hot hatch” and the build quality is better. No rattles from my TDI.

nomadic

TDI
'15 Golf TDI S dsg
Ok stuck the fob the right pocket in the hatch and signal blocked and could unlock all doors with cut key. Putting fob even in rear passenger door didn’t block signal.

So hatch it is or I get the little bag.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Wrap it in a couple of layers of aluminum foil.