Value of Mk7 GSW SEL 6MT?

andytoby

TDI
Golf
We are considering selling our car. I am finding it difficult to put a fair value on what we own. Any insight would be helpful as currently there are no 6MT cars for sale nationally that I can see. Reason for sale: Commute is less than 1 mile and we really don't utilize the car enough to see the fuel economy benefit)

We purchased new in Seattle, WA in July of 2015. Car is in Portland, OR
GSW TDI SEL White with Black/dark grey leatherette interior. 6 speed manual. Options: Xenon headlights.
Currently 21,000 miles.

Emissions Phase 1 performed in December of 2017. Phase 2 money of $2,500 would go to the new owner since this car received the emissions modification and was not a VW Buy Back.
18" Durban Wheels have 9,000 miles on them and have zero curb rash. (removed because I wanted a bigger side wall)
15" Lyon wheels on the car currently.
15" Steel stud less Michelin snow tires (put on the car only when we head up to the mountains)

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
That's a pretty rare car. Tough to say. A local dealer has a DSG version of the same listed on their site for $22,400. A 6-speed makes it more desirable to some people but perhaps less desirable to the masses. But its rare so I think you could certainly get more if you are willing to be patient. If I was local I'd be asking when I could come take a look at it.

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 sportwagen TDI sel 6mt
We are considering selling our car. I am finding it difficult to put a fair value on what we own. Any insight would be helpful as currently there are no 6MT cars for sale nationally that I can see. Reason for sale: Commute is less than 1 mile and we really don't utilize the car enough to see the fuel economy benefit)
We purchased new in Seattle, WA in July of 2015. Car is in Portland, OR
GSW TDI SEL White with Black/dark grey leatherette interior. 6 speed manual. Options: Xenon headlights.
Currently 21,000 miles.
Emissions Phase 1 performed in December of 2017. Phase 2 money of $2,500 would go to the new owner since this car received the emissions modification and was not a VW Buy Back.
18" Durban Wheels have 9,000 miles on them and have zero curb rash. (removed because I wanted a bigger side wall)
15" Lyon wheels on the car currently.
15" Steel stud less Michelin snow tires (put on the car only when we head up to the mountains)

Ask top dollar ( as much or more than a DSG ), the rarity of the TDI SEL 6mt will find the right buyer but it may take more time.

Strange that it doesn't also have driver assistance, I thought they combined DAP & Xenons

sands80

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT SEL
Ask top dollar ( as much or more than a DSG ), the rarity of the TDI SEL 6mt will find the right buyer but it may take more time.
Strange that it doesn't also have driver assistance, I thought they combined DAP & Xenons

Im looking at the 2015 brochure that I have saved and DAP and Lighting package were separate items.

I had checked online (auto trader) to see what was being offered in late summer and there were pages of 2015 TDI's - today I was shocked to see less than a page worth of TDI being offered to sell. All were the S model trim. Ask for top dollar.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I have a 2015 Jetta SEL TDI Sedan not a Wagen......6 Speed Manual all options including Lighting...now has 43K on it but was asking 22500 it was a No go here....
Wagen is worth more though IMHO but Good luck in your Sale....

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Mid $20K's to the right buyer in my guesstimation. Wagon, 6M, and lighting package. That's a nice trifecta.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Im looking at the 2015 brochure that I have saved and DAP and Lighting package were separate items.
I had checked online (auto trader) to see what was being offered in late summer and there were pages of 2015 TDI's - today I was shocked to see less than a page worth of TDI being offered to sell. All were the S model trim. Ask for top dollar.
They were separate as I "ordered" (Well you know how VW doesn't take orders but will offer allotments) my 15 SEL with LP and I did not want the DAP. The DAP on 15's was a bit of a half-assed version and the front sensor in the front lower grill looked like a major afterthought.

But to the OP, I agree, it should be worth more better than the DSG versions. Mid 20's sounds reasonable for the mileage, extra wheels, etc.

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 sportwagen TDI sel 6mt
They were separate as I "ordered" (Well you know how VW doesn't take orders but will offer allotments) my 15 SEL with LP and I did not want the DAP. The DAP on 15's was a bit of a half-assed version and the front sensor in the front lower grill looked like a major afterthought.
But to the OP, I agree, it should be worth more better than the DSG versions. Mid 20's sounds reasonable for the mileage, extra wheels, etc.

Interesting. I don't think they changed much if anything on the 2016. Mine has the 2" or so square front radar in the lower front grill.

I don't really use or need most of the DAP functions, except for the adaptive cruise control which I'm now completely hooked on.
I would give up the pano roof, even the Xenons before giving up the dap cruise control, love it.
One time, the cruise control became "unavailable". Thankfully after cleaning the bugs off the front sensor it worked again, I was very relieved.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Yes, I'm guessing they didn't mxtdiguy. Apparently that DAP was in high demand and they had a hard time sourcing parts or something at least early production GSW late 14/early 15. Not sure if was the case on the earlier built regular Golf's and how things progressed moving forward into the now mostly non-16 MY. I didn't have much need for it and really didn't like the look. Now if they had what's on the 16 gassers and newer I would've appreciated it.

I wonder if you have the 15 version or the better version? Sure other on here who have/had both will know.

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
for reference, I paid $22k for a CPO 15 GSW SE 6MT with lighting package and driver assistance package, with 36K miles. As close as you can get to an SEL and then some, depending how the SEL specs out

chilichili

TDI
2000 Jetta SOLD, 2005.5 Jetta SOLD, 2015 GSW
In September I bought the same sel/6mt/gsw/lights in black with 16k miles for 21.5. I think I got a good deal but there were quite a few on the market at around 24-25 average and I had to buy from an independent dealer without records with the car. I just searched cars.com and they are also showing none available. The rebate situation complicates things with someone unfamiliar but hopefully you can get it's full value returned. 25.5-26.5 not including the rebate and see what happen? The ultimate solution would be to keep it, just me, white is my favorite color on this car as well.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Another reference point for you is my Golf (not wagen I know) SEL 6MT w/ Lighting Package purchased with 17k miles in January of 2016 for $21k. I lucked into a great price after the dieselgate mess :)

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
for reference, I paid $22k for a CPO 15 GSW SE 6MT with lighting package and driver assistance package, with 36K miles. As close as you can get to an SEL and then some, depending how the SEL specs out
FYI I just put the above car for sale, I'll let you know what it goes for as an indication

Biggu

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW PANA/ NAV
for what its worth a few of the same things you had but with DAP and they were all asking 29-30k.

I ended up getting a 2015 DSG SEL with lighting package and DAP for 22k OTD CPO. had 27k miles on it when I got it.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Those look like pretty typical asking prices. Not necessarily what the cars will sell for, however. The price differences between S and SEL trims is pretty large.

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
just sold my CPO 15 GSW SE 6MT with lighting package and driver assistance package, 43K miles, for $21K

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
Funny, to me the only thing worth extra $$$ are the seats. A base S model with low miles and a manual is much more appealing. Everything else on an SEL is another thing that breaks or causes lots of issues ie. pano roof. Plus that black interior trim is a dust and fingerprint magnet

mopower

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW
@peterdaniel Different people want different things, though that sunroof would be the #1 thing that folks would change. SEL -sunroof +Lighting +DAP

2000alhVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
I'm a bit confused reading this thread. I've been browsing the post-scandal cars pretty closely the past week, particularly the '15s. Checking out dealer websites as well as dealers listed on CL.

People are mentioning "mid 20s" but I've seen this exact car listed for 16-18k 10s of times.
Was January really that long ago?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
A friend of mine is looking for one of these and pricing is dependent on options and miles. Ones with no lighting/nav/etc. are less money, especially if they have higher miles. We've seen them from very high teens to mid-20s, depending on those factors.
And you also have to look carefully to make sure one that's listed as a manual is actually a manual. Lots of dealers list DSGs as manuals.