Was Not Notified of 2.0L Buy Back by VW EVER!

CetaneJones

TDI
'15 Jetta SE TDI
I received the Gen 3 Phase 2 recall notice about 2 weeks ago and scheduled an appointment with VW dealer to get the work done.

In the mean time, I go on tdiclub.com and read up on latest Dieselgate goings on. It's been awhile :). I read that 2.0L buybacks are in progress and have a HEY WAIT A MINUTE ***!!!!! rude awakening.

My 2015 Jetta 2.0L TDI is clearly eligible under the court settlement for buy back, yet I was not notified by VW and missed the submission deadline.

I mailed off an appeal letter today.

Odd that VW notified me of the Gen 3 Phase 2 recall with no problem. That work would have made me ineligible for a buyback.

Add to that that i received an email today from VW....."You are receiving this notification because you have submitted a claim in the 2.0L Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Settlement Program and have recently either received a final offer letter, completed your claim, or had your claim deemed ineligible."

Like I said. VW did not notify me of the settlement / buyback therefore I did not submit a claim. VW says I did make a claim.:confused: NOPE did not submit a claim because I did not know about about settlement/claim.

We are talking about $25000 here, people!

Why me? Thanks for listening. I feel better already.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Well you were aware of the ongoing situation by your own admission and failed to keep yourself up to date. It has been all over the media and here on the forums. No real excuses. There is a saying "Snooze you lose". You have been here since 2010 after all. Good luck on your appeal.

CetaneJones

TDI
'15 Jetta SE TDI
Wow. Just wow.

LOL

To quote Lucy from the Lego Movie "That's literally the dumbest thing I ever heard."

That's like a saying it's your wife's fault if you beat her.

VW has a court ordered duty to properly notify possible claimants in a court approved timely manner. VW has all of my contact info. VW failed to notify me in a court approved timely manner. End of story.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I received the Gen 3 Phase 2 recall notice about 2 weeks ago and scheduled an appointment with VW dealer to get the work done.
If you got a notice about Phase 2, that means Phase 1 was already done, which means you aren't eligible for the buyback (even if you'd filed a claim in time).

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
The question is when did you buy your 2015? Was it sold NEW in 2017? With the part 1 modification done, then its not eligible for buyback.

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
If you got a notice about Phase 2, that means Phase 1 was already done, which means you aren't eligible for the buyback (even if you'd filed a claim in time).
And pretty sure as a postfix/held back 2015 the $2500 he us mad about is/was NEVER on the table.
You agreed to get the second recall done at the sale, but knew you would not get the $$$$ cause they told you and you signed documents.
Think the OP is just forgetting lots...
Or more likely a troll....
The reason...
His name says member since 2010......
Not sure anybody can be a member, or see the news and not know if it happened any other way....

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
If you bought your car new in 2015, is something wrong with your '15? sounds like you were oblivious of a buy back and happy with your purchase, doesn't sound like any loss here.

but my hunch is that you bought after the phase 1 fix, thus you got nothing left but to enjoy your car.

I think VW has hit their threshold of buy back/fixed cars, so they will be very unsympathetic for your own incompetence or crappy local postal service.

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen 6-speed manual; 2016 3500 Ram Tradesman 4X4 6.7L Cummins 6-Speed manual
I haven't got Phase 1 done and I got a notice for Phase 2.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I haven't got Phase 1 done and I got a notice for Phase 2.
That's odd--why would they do that? But OK, if they did it for you, they may have done it for others.

So, @CetaneJones, when and from whom did you buy your car? Does it already have Phase 1 of the fix applied? Because if it does, you were never eligible for the buyback.

As to knowing about it, well...

• Every visitor to vw.com or audi.com since the settlement was approved (~mid-2016) saw a link on the page with information on the settlement.
  • Multiple stories ran in every major media outlet (and many minor ones) about the settlement, the buybacks, the people gaming the buybacks, the progress of the buybacks, the evil opportunistic people profiting from the buybacks, where the buyback cars were being stored, etc.
  • This forum and many others talked about it in great detail.
  • Multiple mailers were sent out, though that may have happened before you bought your car.
I don't think the "I've been living under a rock and never got the letter" appeal will work, even if your car would otherwise be eligible--but as noted above, my guess would be that it isn't.

SkiBumJH

TDI
2009 JSW, sold back 11/17, 2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Way too much info missing here to make much sense of OP's position.

But, if you are just now clueing into D-gate, you lose. IF you ever even had it coming...

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
Way too much info missing here to make much sense of OP's position.

But, if you are just now clueing into D-gate, you lose. IF you ever even had it coming...
Confused by the fact it's a longtime member...
Who obviously hasn't been living under a rock...
As stated before it has been not only on the news, every dealership, and most websites.....
I speculated it could be a troll based on the account activity in the past ..looks like a "spare" account IMHO since it used for an occasion purchase or sale, or random question, for years....
No "I got a new car!!", Etc also makes me pretty sure there bought a car with stage 1 already done....
Sad if that actually happened as stated....but seems a bit too well timed.... planned...
To put it bluntly, VW got eggs all over them, and have worked hard to retain and compensate customers...I got a car I liked, and got $$$ back, a warranty that goes on for YEARS extra...
Most of the risks I took with the HPFP or DPF and even the DEF system have all been largely covered by the warranty....
Sure... some stress but did it really materially sffect me since I didn't plan on selling the car? Nope...it was a win/win.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
good one though, prob more any more people coming out of the woods claiming foul as the deadline keeps clicking closer.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
The guy's lasts posts were in October 2016 so it IS possible that he wasnt on the forum for 2 years and didn't hear anything.

However, I am willing to bet $100 that this appeal will be denied. Please PM me if I am wrong and I will PayPal you the money.

VW spent a LOT of efforts notifying people. They got I think over 90% participation which is HUUUGE on a recall this big.

Your loss buddy.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
The guy's lasts posts were in October 2016 so it IS possible that he wasnt on the forum for 2 years and didn't hear anything.

However, I am willing to bet $100 that this appeal will be denied. Please PM me if I am wrong and I will PayPal you the money.

VW spent a LOT of efforts notifying people. They got I think over 90% participation which is HUUUGE on a recall this big.

Your loss buddy.
Last post was jan. of 2018 actually from what I saw! BURNED..had to see the deiselgate info

Last edited: