2014 TDI Stock/OEM Tire and Wheel Size

snednchic

TDI
2014 Jetta SportWagen Auto
My wife called me a couple hours ago from the airport. She said she hit a curb and blew the tire out and damaged the wheel... :eek:

She continued on her flight and left the car at the airport garage. The airport is 45 miles one way and I do not want to waste an extra trip there if I can find out what the stock/OEM Wheel and tire (brand and size) are for her vehicle and bring it with me and throw it on. I am 100% positive it is a Continental tire, low profile. But I do not know the specific style or version.

I know I am going to need to get the Wheel from the dealer since it will be need to be completed before she arrives home Wednesday.

2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with Sunroof, No NAV.

If anyone can assist me with this information I would certainly be most grateful.

Thanks,
David

Last edited:

BTVDave

TDI
2013 JSW TDI DSG w/pano. Build date 6/2013
I have a 2013 JSW TDI with the pano sunroof, no nav. The stock tires are Continental ContiProContact 225/45R17. The stock wheels are 17" VW Portos. Look at the image of my car in my Fuelly sig.

snednchic

TDI
2014 Jetta SportWagen Auto
BTVDave those are definitely the wheels. The tire sounds right as well. I wish she had taken a picture of the sidewall before she left.

I appreciate your assistance with this. This will save me a few hours of time and gas.

David

ar2013tdi

TDI
2014 Sportwagen DSG
BTVDave those are definitely the wheels. The tire sounds right as well. I wish she had taken a picture of the sidewall before she left.

I appreciate your assistance with this. This will save me a few hours of time and gas.

I just picked up a new 2014 Sportwagon on Saturday. The vehicle has 16 inch alloy wheels with 205/55 R16 Hankook tires

BTVDave

TDI

I just picked up a new 2014 Sportwagon on Saturday. The vehicle has 16 inch alloy wheels with 205/55 R16 Hankook tires
You get 17" wheels with the pano sunroof. Non-sunroof versions get 16" wheels.

Cooper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW (traded in 5/2015)
I thought the same thing. Don't they still give a full size spare? My 2011 has one, and it was nice to see.

If you can use the spare, you can hopefully repair the wheel or check the prices for a refurbished wheel at the wheel repair place in Bath, PA.

BTVDave

TDI
My 2013 came with a full-size spare, namely a 205/55R16 Bridgestone Turanza on a steel wheel. Maybe snednchic doesn't want his wife driving 45 miles with three 17" Contis on alloys and something else on a 16" steelie?

MertCheney

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
My 2013 came with a full-size spare, namely a 205/55R16 Bridgestone Turanza on a steel wheel. Maybe snednchic doesn't want his wife driving 45 miles with three 17" Contis on alloys and something else on a 16" steelie?
It would be the same overall diameter