Looking for a new mechanic near Toronto

KAG

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Hello all
I'm (hopefully) moving back to Toronto in the near future, and will be needing a new mechanic. Are there any recommendations?

Thanks.

papiot

Veteran Member
Brandon - aka VDUB_TECH on this forum. He's around Finch/400 area. Look up his username, and I'm sure you'll find all the info - phone# and shop address.

TDI-TT

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Getta TDI
does he do heavy modding kinda work? like re-fabbing piping? doing up custom piping for exhausts, intercoolers, intakes? how about doing full engine swaps? how about full big/bi/twin turbo swaps and additional work needed?

how is he for this?

PeeWee

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon, 97 Passat Sedan
TDI-TT said:
does he do heavy modding kinda work? like re-fabbing piping? doing up custom piping for exhausts, intercoolers, intakes? how about doing full engine swaps? how about full big/bi/twin turbo swaps and additional work needed?

Yes

how is he for this?
He is very well skilled for this type of work.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
He's an enthusiast. Tried talking me into an upgraded turbo hehe. So yeah, he has experience "playing" with cars ;)

hobbyshop

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI Sport, 2004, Platinum Grey
i agree, brandon is the go to guy for your diesel needs. he knows the ins and outs of our cars and is very comfortable with them. always nice to drop off your car and bump into a bunch of other diesel guys - you KNOW you're at the right place at that point.

for fabrication and very nice welding and customization stuff, i go to lukasz at lukasportz.com. he's a perfectionist and won't stop until it's perfect. the people on vortex use him a lot, and now he has a diesel.

LUKASPORTZ
140 Regina Rd, Unit 8,
Woodbridge, Ontario,
L4L 8N1, Canada
Tel: 905-265-8979
Fax: 905-266-0982

E-Mail: lukasz@lukasportz.com

Liav

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS
It was gunked up as it was never serviced. He took it out, took it apart, cleaned it and reinstalled it. I think the turbo was seized up and wasn't functioning properly. Works excellent now. I can even hear it.

what was wrong with your turbo and what did he do to fix it?

mattds

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta
Yep, I can support the Brandon, DCB Auto (name of this shop) recomendation. I recently got a tune done at his place which I was very happy with. I'll be seeing him again at some point to get a DSG service done.

KAG

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Thanks guys. I should have taken my Jetta the Brandon when the turbo went, turned out it was just stuck and needed some TLC. I'll know who to go to next time.

KAG

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Thanks guys. I should have taken my Jetta the Brandon when the turbo went, turned out it was just stuck and needed some TLC. I'll know who to go to next time.