Hmmmm Swap Meet at Fest again?

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Is there the possibility of a "Swap Meet" type thing for the weekend again, like PDX?

Just putting out the feeler if anyone has the hankerin to post what they may be able to bring that they no longer want. Who knows, maybe someone wants something you have and no longer need?

Lets see....

MrVermin

ChubsAuto

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2005 TDI Passat, 2003 Jetta Sedan
Im going to try and attend this year, I have quite a few B4 parts I would like to get rid of so Im game.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Ground rules.

1) pick a time that works with the schedule
2) do this in the back row of the parking lot
3) be discreet when money changes hands. You never know who is watching.
4) remove parts to your vehicle in a timely manner after the deal is made.
5) have fun

Before anyone asks, same rules apply to any "ahem" beverage swap. Hotel cannot see this going on as it is a violation of our contract. Therefore, please don't start a thread as others may be monitoring the fest thread.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Just a clarification.......

Nothing wrong with the swap meet as long as we don't make the hotel parking lot look like a junkyard......:)

If interested, I can probably provide a large corkboard on an easel to post items you bring with you so all folks can see them.

Feel free to post away here!!!!!!!

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Ok, so, anyone wishing to bring stuff that they no longer need and want to get rid of to the Fest, post them here. Remember, nothing TOO large, but that all depends on if you want to travel across the country with a spare set of seats or rims in your trunk :eek:

So, post what you are bringing. You do not have to post the price if you do not wish to in this thread.

There will be a board at the fest where you can post your stuff, your contact info and what room you are in (if you wish).

Remember, try to keep the parking lot clean, no parts all over the place, there may be a specific area at the back of the lot where we can setup a swap meet area, (maybe, I'll ask and work on it)

Have fun.

MrVermin

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
I sold a full set of seats front/rear a couple years ago at the fest. You just have to get creative when packing.

I will prob inventory and post a list once the fest gets closer.

smltwnguy30

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Golf TDI 2 dr 5 spd
I think I will be bringing a ton of parts left over from my ALH build. I will take inventory and pics of the parts and post them sometime soon. It would sure be nice to sell or trade these parts without having to deal with shipping!

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I will be bringing new armrest lid hinges for sure.

I will also bring reconditioned lids, and used armrest consoles... assuming I still have some then...

valvecrusher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat, '00 Jetta
I need some BBS, Rial, or other name brand aftermarket wheels in 4x100, if anyone happens to want rid of some!

Send me a PM.

Prefer BBS, style like RC's, RX's....anything with long thin spokes.

Thank you!

RichmondKYtdi

Just a clarification.......

Nothing wrong with the swap meet as long as we don't make the hotel parking lot look like a junkyard......:)
Always taking the fun away, if ky cant have a junkyard in the lot how can we represent out heritage? what can we have.... can set up my copper still?

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Ok, now that it is getting close, lets get this ramped up.

If anyone wants to bring stuff to the fest to that they want to try and sell (swap meet style). Please post with the following

Handle:
What you are bringing and what you are looking to get for it:

If you are looking for something:

Handle:
What you are hopefully looking for:

Post this here and I will put it together and place it on a board at the hotel. We will have room on the board so that the sellers can place either their room number or location they will be at in the parking lot so buyers can get together with the sellers.

If you are going to bring a lot with you, please try to keep the area around your car neat and not looking like a "scrap yard" :rolleyes: and NO OILY or LEAKY stuff in your room please :eek:

Oh, an if you want to post pictures of what you are bringing, please do so and I'll print them up for the board posting at the hotel :D

Thanks all ;)

MrVermin

Last edited:

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
'97 Passat x2
Ok, here it is: my collection of B4 junk going to TDIfest. If you see something you like- buy it and I’ll be sure to bring it. I will however ask that items being delivered to fest be paid for before I leave. If not, it stays home. Yes, I have Paypal. I want to try to minimize the amount of stuff I have to give a two-way 1,900 mile ride to. To be quite honest, I'd prefer to leave this stuff home, but would have to live with it forever, ;)not really, but I can drive it out there if I know someone would like to adopt it. I’d like to think I’ve set the prices low, that is because it’s more important to me to have this stuff gone than money.

I'll update this post as items are sold by deleting pics/descriptions. So if you can still see it, I've still got it.
Be sure to include cel number with payment so I can call/text you once I arrive at Fest.

All parts came from a 97 Passat TDI with 278K miles unless otherwise noted:

Both front brake calipers with brackets $40/set $20/each (functional, but good as cores only)

Both rear brake calipers $30/set $15/each (again, functional but better as cores)

Front spindle assemblies $30each (bearings need to be replaced)

Right side A-arm $20 (rubber parts show all 278K miles)

Short CV axle- $50 (OEM VW- used when I got it, ran it for about 10K miles, no boot stories)
Long CV axle- $35 ( No markings & NOT OEM VW- will need inner boot, but joint still good)

24mm front sway bar w/ hardware $20 (I have the inner hardware to go with it but it didn’t make the shoot)

Zimmermann 5x100 drilled brake rotors $40/set of 4 (280x22 front/226x10 rear - a vernier ride shows about 1mm of wear on both front & back- well within spec)

Pair of B4 VR6 “Bottlecap” wheels 15x6 5x100 et35 professionally refinished $30/each

Last edited:

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
'97 Passat x2
More stuff to 'Fest

AHU coolant pipe $20 (shows a little rust but still very solid - I replaced mine because of this but see that I could have had this one media blasted and been good. Stealership gets $70-not bad, really)

Both rear strut bump stops $5 (I’d be surprised if they were original to the car)

02A code CTN transaxle $75 (has seen all 278K miles, worn synchros, 5th gear set present but all teeth stripped out, broken external shift mech)

OK, see that little bracket below where the starter goes? I’m keeping that- I need it!

B4 14” hubcaps $5/each

Here’s a new UNUSED DieselGeek short throw shifter for the B4. I recently got this from Tomo366, but I really don’t see myself needing it especially with a cable shift system. It’s that whole “polishing a turd” thing. $290 Yup, the good stuff is always at the bottom of the junk!

Last edited:

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
I have a used set of thule #400 feet, Kit2005 fit kit (b5.5), and load bars.

The load bars are a hair on the short side. I cut them to fit on my mk4. They still work in the feet fine w/o the end caps on.

$200 OBO.

pugman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SW, 2003, Reflex Silver
Handle:
What you are hopefully looking for: Down pipe/race pipe? Not really sure just what you call it but it is used between the Turbo and the muffler without a cat.

74vwsb

TDI
85 GTI-Lifted with AHU swap & Several Gassers
Fast Enough Performance (Dyno Event) would like to invite those swap meet participants to use our parking lot to show their merchandise if there is limited room at the hotel. We have ample space in the parking area.

We will have several Mk4 interior sets for sale (Jetta, 03 GLI, 04.5 GLI). Sorry no wagons. We will also be selling many misc. parts you may be looking for. Lots of watercooled stuff. Something in mind? Give us a call (859.258.2015) or send me a PM or just take a look around when you get here!

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I'll be bringing stuff as well :)

Ok, I'll be bringing a few things that I no longer need and am looking to sell off.

VW trunk mounted 6disk changer

Phatnoise Phatbox, with 20gb cartrige, software CD, Cradle and adapter wiring. Missing the manual, but that can be downloaded.

FK Mk4 Jetta HID headlights w/Fogs Chrome with 6000k bulbs. Ballasts are mounted under housing at back, separate Igniters, needs Turn Signal Bulbs and Fog light wiring kit:

Depot Mk4 Jetta HID headlights w/Fogs Black with 6000k bulbs. Ballasts are not mounted on housing, Igniters are integrated with Ballast, needs Fog light wiring kit:

That's it for now, unless I can think of any other small stuff ;)

MrVermin