www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old February 8th, 2019, 14:06   #31
AllieJetta

Bought the Flashzilla. Have been in for service and never questioned. I also have a VAGCOM and have made numerous software changes.

For me, the warranty is great, but the power and economy was too hard to resist. I figure if they ever question the flash count, I blame it on another dealer and claim ignorance. They have the burden of proving that I was responsible for it, and that would be rather difficult to do. YMMV.
AllieJetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 17:40   #32
delormea397

Yeah I hear you on that. I had a similar thought in my head for a while. In the end, I considered how I was going to use the car and what my needs were. In the end, a DPF or HPFP replacement would be an expensive repair, and at those costs, VW may be more inclined to look twice at footing the bill if there was a different flash count. I wasn't so worried about the smaller things, like this EGT sensor. To me, the risk of that bill or hassle over having a tune a couple years earlier giving my use of the car as a daily commuter. Other's may balance that decision the other way, and that's totally fair.
delormea397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 10:00   #33
HPsenicka
Veteran Member

The onus should be on the dealer/manufacturer to demonstrate how any user modifications might have caused a part failure, or otherwise compromised a system. The simple fact that a change was made should not void the warranty.

.. then there is the real world!

If you find yourself in this situation, I should think tou would need to be prepared for a difficult conversation!

HPsenicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 16:32   #34
PRY4SNO
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choddaboy View Post
I would recommend the Audison APK165's over the PC Focal's. Or, I have some really nice Hertz MPX165. 3's I could hook you up with either. The hertz are around $300 and sound very very good. The Audison are around $200 and have some nice budget friendly amps to go with them.
That's really good advice, thank you.

I'll get a hold of you when I come around to audio upgrades. Not working right now so money is tight.

- 1992 Audi 80q 20v: the 20vt winter sled (long term project)
- 1990 Audi Cq 20v: #becauseracecar
PRY4SNO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 20:12   #35
Choddaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtested View Post
JS Performance in Abby.

Malone also shows a few others in and around Vancity but Jose and his crew @ JSP are amazing! I have driven down from the interior for work, they're that good.
Thanks! I'll look into them
Old February 9th, 2019, 20:13   #36
Choddaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieJetta View Post
Bought the Flashzilla. Have been in for service and never questioned. I also have a VAGCOM and have made numerous software changes.

For me, the warranty is great, but the power and economy was too hard to resist. I figure if they ever question the flash count, I blame it on another dealer and claim ignorance. They have the burden of proving that I was responsible for it, and that would be rather difficult to do. YMMV.
Do people do equipment rental on here? Like if I paid to use a flash loader, if that is even a possibility, would anyone be willing to loan it?
Old February 9th, 2019, 20:14   #37
Choddaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRY4SNO View Post
That's really good advice, thank you.
I'll get a hold of you when I come around to audio upgrades. Not working right now so money is tight.
Thanks, and no problem. Glad to help!
Old February 10th, 2019, 06:44   #38
HPsenicka
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choddaboy View Post
Do people do equipment rental on here? Like if I paid to use a flash loader, if that is even a possibility, would anyone be willing to loan it?

Not sure about other tuners, but Malone uses a Flashzilla, which is locked to the VIN of the vehicle being tuned.

If you dont want to buy one, you need to go to a Malone dealer to have them do it for you.

HPsenicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 09:05   #39
Choddaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsenicka View Post
Not sure about other tuners, but Malone uses a Flashzilla, which is locked to the VIN of the vehicle being tuned.

If you dont want to buy one, you need to go to a Malone dealer to have them do it for you.
Yea, think it may be worth buying one. Thinking I should change the exhaust before getting the tune.
Old February 15th, 2019, 12:02   #40
Choddaboy

Going with a stage 2

What are you guys doing regarding lowering and tightening the suspension? Trying to stay around $800-1000 CDN pesos. Not sure if that would be enough for decent coilovers.

I have prowled the forum on this topic and have mixed answers. Some people are saying lowering springs with the bump stops, others are saying coilovers. Realistically I wont be racing. I do like it tight tho
Old February 15th, 2019, 15:09   #41
PRY4SNO
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Impressive

Can't beat coilovers.

Toyoda is selling a nearly new set of KW v3 for a real bargain. A bit more than $1k CDN but I'm sure you can work on price with him, he's truly awesome to deal with. I worked with him to figure out max height when I was comparing the Tiggy/Tow spring lift options, he helped a lot. Unfortunately at max height they're lower than stock lol. They've been for sale for quite some time, I'm sure he's flexible on price. Plus you could go over the border to cut down on shipping and skip duty costs.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=489283

- 1992 Audi 80q 20v: the 20vt winter sled (long term project)
- 1990 Audi Cq 20v: #becauseracecar
PRY4SNO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2019, 17:49   #42
Choddaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRY4SNO View Post
Can't beat coilovers.

Toyoda is selling a nearly new set of KW v3 for a real bargain. A bit more than $1k CDN but I'm sure you can work on price with him, he's truly awesome to deal with. I worked with him to figure out max height when I was comparing the Tiggy/Tow spring lift options, he helped a lot. Unfortunately at max height they're lower than stock lol. They've been for sale for quite some time, I'm sure he's flexible on price. Plus you could go over the border to cut down on shipping and skip duty costs.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=489283
Yea, I saw those. A bit high mileage for me liking