www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old May 20th, 2019, 16:56   #1
Scottgenstein

Default Looking for honest service dept for warranty work in San Diego

I've had bad experiences getting work done in San Diego on my 2015 Sportwagen TDI manual tranny. I will never let Kearny Mesa VW touch my car again, for example, after they said I needed almost $900 in work done when I knew they were lying, which itself came after several screw-ups and overcharges over a few years. Anyone in the area who can make recommendations? I think only a dealership can do warranty work, right? Many thanks!
Scottgenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 22:18   #2
kensterling

Default Thanks for the HeadsUp on KM VW

I have 2015 TDI Sportwagen also....but no dealer who I use here in SD....now I know who not to use KM VW.....Big Thankls!!!
kensterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 09:42   #3
Scottgenstein

Do you know of any mechanics/shops in the area, apart from dealerships, who seem honest and competent? (I'm now being told the car's problem isn't covered under warranty.) Thanks!
Old May 24th, 2019, 10:04   #4
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

You might try informing us of what the problem actually is. Who told you it isn't covered? Do you have a check engine light on? Anything that sets a check engine light is automatically covered in the emissions warranty by law. The court ordered it that way.
Old May 25th, 2019, 17:33   #5
Scottgenstein

The check engine light comes and goes without my clearing codes. I have repeatedly gotten a P00BD code on a generic (non-VW-specific) OBD-II scanner. Someone from VW Corporate, via chat and later via email, told me a mass air flow (P00BD) problem isn't covered because my warranty expired after 3 years. I was told the same by a service advisor at a local VW dealership.
Old May 25th, 2019, 17:37   #6
Scottgenstein

PS to Lightflyer1: you responded earlier to my related post titled "2015 Sportwagen TDI recurrent P00BD code." That's what the problem actually is.
Old May 27th, 2019, 00:17   #7
bizzle
Veteran Member

I have had good service at VW of Murrieta.
bizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 13:22   #8
Datalore

Not to ruffle any feathers but... A check engine light is NOT required for an extended emissions warranty claim. The paperwork provided only says that it must be "detected by an onboard diagnostic system". Thus, anything that stores a code is enough to get coverage.
Datalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2019, 14:14   #9
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottgenstein View Post
The check engine light comes and goes without my clearing codes. I have repeatedly gotten a P00BD code on a generic (non-VW-specific) OBD-II scanner. Someone from VW Corporate, via chat and later via email, told me a mass air flow (P00BD) problem isn't covered because my warranty expired after 3 years. I was told the same by a service advisor at a local VW dealership.
You need to tell them it is covered by the extended emissions warranty. It is for 162k miles or 11 years whichever comes first. Anything that sets a code is covered except the transmission. The full paperwork can be found online and here on this site. In the case of any disagreement it should be settled in favor of the owner/consumer. Get the paperwork and read and understand it before you talk to them. Then be polite and civil and make them understand it is covered by court order.