infotainment display issue

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
You sure about this? If so that's good news. I want my guru to do this. I haven't taken a VW to a dealer for anything since 2004.
Yes, I'm 100% sure. The MIB journey in my car is exhaustive, stupid and very much not recommended. I've had everything, from start to now...

MIB I (non-nav) with 5.x" screen
MIB II (non-nav) with 6.5" screen
MIB II (with nav) with 6.5" screen
MIB II (with nav) with 8" matte screen
MIB II (with nav) with 8" glass screen
MIB 2.5 (Discover Pro, with nav only) with 9.2" glass screen

Last edited:

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
You sure about this? If so that's good news. I want my guru to do this. I haven't taken a VW to a dealer for anything since 2004.
Can't install a larger screen with an MIB1 in the glovebox, it needs an MIB2.x

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
Not doing that. Installing exactly the same screen, same PN by VIN. So it sounds like I'm good.
That is good, if it is the screen.
I actually have a spare 5.8" screen (the original one fitted). Problem resides, at least when flickering, in the "brains" unit, the one inside the glovebox.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Mine's completely dead. But the stereo still works, I can see it in the cluster and change stations, etc. with the steering wheel or display controls. Just no image.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
If I'm reading this correctly, this doesn't offer / allow those with stock MIB1 (only option in 2015 TDIs) the capability to upgrade to a CarPlay / AA capability directly, right? You still need to ditch your OEM hardware, source a MIB2 somewhere, but then at least the (somewhat computer-savvy) typical user can take care of the CP removal and other configuration necessities to get it working in a 2015 car.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
Correct! Same dude posted ways for dealing with CP/FECs/firmware for other brands of MIB2.X including Technisat...amazing!

Etoile

TDI
2009 Sportwagen no longer 2011 Jetta Sportwagen 2015 TDI Golf Sportwagen all manual
Hi
Was your guru able to fix this for you? Turned on the car to a flickering screen yesterday. I’m in MA too. Happy to head over to south of Boston.

Hawkster

TDI
2015 TDI sportswagon
I am brand new to this forum and am having similar problems that just started with my 2015 TDI sport wagon yesterday. I was driving and had the radio on when all of a sudden I lost sound and the display. When I stopped and turned off the car, did an errand and came back and started the car, there was nothing on the screen and the stereo made one quick sound, then nothing again. Where do I start to trouble shoot this? I am a 2 hour drive from a VW dealer.