www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 08:11   #46
Grigg3
Veteran Member

They've told me they're working on the MPH and F units, and adding the various EGT readings.

After getting phase 2 of the emissions update last week very few values show up, mostly just 0's except RPM and speed. They asked for my engine ECU info, which I sent, and they'll be addressing this in a future update.

It seems most of these issues/problems they're well aware of and actively working to resolve and improve.

Anyone have experience updating the unit while still installed in the car, if even possible?

Grigg
Old August 2nd, 2018, 09:01   #47
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigg3 View Post
Anyone have experience updating the unit while still installed in the car, if even possible?
It was possible with the PF03 but I do not know about the new one. With the old version, there was a menu/setup option for "update". You chose that option and then hooked to a laptop via USB and ran the updater program. I do not know if the new version has this option (yet?).

Have Fun!

Don
Old August 7th, 2018, 14:08   #48
Grigg3
Veteran Member

Thanks,
Also received the following reply (trimmed a little) and confirmation that the version I’m running is “very old” and the newer one should address several of the previously discussed issues. I’ll find out next week when I have time to update.

Dear Grigg,
For upgrade the unit CONNECTED to the car, you will need to special operation (or not will be detected)
If you upgrade NOT CONNECTED, just only connect to computer and will be detected in few seconds without any problem.

After flash the device, please try again in your vehicle and tell me if all your issues has been solved, if not, come back to me.

I attach here some exhaustive instructions for flashing procedure, please take a look:

For update any of our products with a new firmware, please download and run the UpdaterTool software (link available at top of the website).

PolarFIS disconnected from your vehicle

First of all, for upgrade a PolarFIS device, you must disconnect it totally from your vehicle. If the PolarFIS is plugged, the unit not will enter in flashmode, this means not will be possible to upgrade it (windows just not detect it).
So, we recomend ALWAYS disconnect from vehicle in case not be detected.

PolarFIS connected to your vehicle

By the way, some users leave plugged USB cables (for not dissasemble every firmware upgrade his vehicle), and we prepared a second method for upgrade units that are already plugged.
Here you have the 3 alternative methods:

Method 1)
Disconnect the battery of your vehicle.
After this, connect PolarFIS via USB to your computer.
Method 2)
Extract fuse F12 or F24 (5A value) from your vehicle.
Note : For know correct fuse check values for see 5A (this is the correct one).
Method 3)
Connect PolarFIS via USB to your computer.
Navigate into PolarFIS and search option called “UPDATE”.
When appears a message for connect, press OK button in your steering wheel.
Now unit will allow you to connect and upgrade it.

With best regards,
AutoPolar Support
Old August 7th, 2018, 15:03   #49
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Fuel Economy: Great!

Quote:
Thanks,
Also received the following reply (trimmed a little) and confirmation that the version I’m running is “very old” and the newer one should address several of the previously discussed issues. I’ll find out next week when I have time to update.
Dear Grigg,
For upgrade the unit CONNECTED to the car, you will need to special operation (or not will be detected)
If you upgrade NOT CONNECTED, just only connect to computer and will be detected in few seconds without any problem.
After flash the device, please try again in your vehicle and tell me if all your issues has been solved, if not, come back to me.
I attach here some exhaustive instructions for flashing procedure, please take a look:
For update any of our products with a new firmware, please download and run the UpdaterTool software (link available at top of the website).
PolarFIS disconnected from your vehicle
First of all, for upgrade a PolarFIS device, you must disconnect it totally from your vehicle. If the PolarFIS is plugged, the unit not will enter in flashmode, this means not will be possible to upgrade it (windows just not detect it).
So, we recomend ALWAYS disconnect from vehicle in case not be detected.
PolarFIS connected to your vehicle
By the way, some users leave plugged USB cables (for not dissasemble every firmware upgrade his vehicle), and we prepared a second method for upgrade units that are already plugged.
Here you have the 3 alternative methods:
Method 1)
Disconnect the battery of your vehicle.
Method 2)
Extract fuse F12 or F24 (5A value) from your vehicle.
Note : For know correct fuse check values for see 5A (this is the correct one).
Method 3)
Connect PolarFIS via USB to your computer.
Navigate into PolarFIS and search option called “UPDATE”.
When appears a message for connect, press OK button in your steering wheel.
Now unit will allow you to connect and upgrade it.
With best regards,
AutoPolar Support
Old August 8th, 2018, 04:17   #50
740GLE
Veteran Member

Hey, I'm pretty impressed google translator did that good of a job for them.

Glad to know Kerma is shipping old revisions to their customers.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 07:10   #51
STOKTDI
Veteran Member

I have been in contact with AutoPolar directly since the day Kerma offered it for the MQB platform. AutoPolar just released a new revision that supports mine, as well as other none supported ECU's. I was also informed that now we simply select which type of screen we have (white, multicolor, virtual) and the text is now left margin? Will test all this tonight after work.

(info from last message received last night)
- Improved text align of the parameters on screen

- Created new config menu for cluster types. Now you need to select your cluster here:
PATH: VISUALIZATION -> SCREEN -> ADVANCED -> FIS OPTIONS
OPTIONS: WHITE FIS, COLOR FIS and VIRTUAL COCKPIT

- Solved issue with message "AUDIO IS CURRENTLYNOT AVAILABLE"

- New ECU references added:
03L997030L
5K7907115B
1104L997022N
Old August 8th, 2018, 09:26   #52
kermaGSW

Thanks STOKTDI i just received this message this morning as well.

Customer registration has to be added to perform any current updates on the PolarFIS. Unfortunately I cannot do the recent update in house on the recent MQB Polars.

When we send out a PolarFIS we ask to register the unit first and then perform the most recent update on autopolar.net
kermaGSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 09:52   #53
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Fuel Economy: Great!

I'd be interested in seeing a video of the screen in operation once you have done the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOKTDI View Post
I have been in contact with AutoPolar directly since the day Kerma offered it for the MQB platform. AutoPolar just released a new revision that supports mine, as well as other none supported ECU's. I was also informed that now we simply select which type of screen we have (white, multicolor, virtual) and the text is now left margin? Will test all this tonight after work.

(info from last message received last night)
- Improved text align of the parameters on screen

- Created new config menu for cluster types. Now you need to select your cluster here:
PATH: VISUALIZATION -> SCREEN -> ADVANCED -> FIS OPTIONS
OPTIONS: WHITE FIS, COLOR FIS and VIRTUAL COCKPIT

- Solved issue with message "AUDIO IS CURRENTLYNOT AVAILABLE"

- New ECU references added:
03L997030L
5K7907115B
1104L997022N
Old August 8th, 2018, 12:24   #54
Grigg3
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740GLE View Post

Glad to know Kerma is shipping old revisions to their customers.
Not exactly.
Instructions are to update it before installing, which I did. Now a few weeks later there are several newer revisions.

I’ve had trouble updating it in the car and just received instructions on how to update without removing it.

Pleased so far with support from both Kerma and AutoPolar.
Old August 8th, 2018, 13:25   #55
STOKTDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
I’ve had trouble updating it in the car and just received instructions on how to update without removing it.
Willing to share? I have just left my lower dash trim off this entire time and I really miss that little drawer we have below the headlight switch lol
Old August 8th, 2018, 14:17   #56
Grigg3
Veteran Member

Already did,
See above.

I left the USB cable plugged in and accessible.
Old August 9th, 2018, 04:56   #57
740GLE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Not exactly.
Instructions are to update it before installing, which I did. Now a few weeks later there are several newer revisions.
Pleased so far with support from both Kerma and AutoPolar.
Sounds like those that bought initially when "MQB is now supported" were still buying a beta version. Glad to see Autopolar is sticking with supporting all the different combinations of ECUs/Clusters, still positive!
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2018, 05:50   #58
STOKTDI
Veteran Member

Got home last night and their "Online Updater" did not have an option for the V0.1.9 firmware that contains the "fixes". Just waiting for them to add it real quick and then I can hopefully use the $300 device I paid for hahahaha

AutoPolar has been great with responses etc. Since they are across the water, I normally get a response while I am sleeping but it is always the same day.
Old August 10th, 2018, 12:08   #59
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Still hoping to see that EGT, my primary reason for buying one, is out and working well for the majority of users. Thanks for any info.
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2018, 06:27   #60
sootchucker
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2015 Golf
Fuel Economy: Good

any updates on this?? i would like to buy one, but these seem as useless as a P3.