www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old November 24th, 2014, 15:06   #16
Ben Carufel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korab View Post
thank you for explaining that which should not need to be explained.
I would have to assume that the previous poster knows that it's only supposed to be on when the mirror is slid open.

Perhaps I should have been more clear...the vanity light in my 2015 Golf TDI SE didn't work when the mirror was opened, UNTIL I slid the visor all the way out to the fully "extended" position...at which point it immediately started working properly (and has continued to do so).
Ben Carufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 15:31   #17
Caseyb476
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankster88 View Post
I believe the intended design of this is to only turn on when the visor is down and mirror is open. Both sides of my S functions this way and don't see why they would turn the light on when you are trying to reduce sun/glare.

Michael
Yes, the passenger side turns on when the mirror is open, but the driver side does not.
Caseyb476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:53   #18
Callipygian

Issue:
Missing fastener on the passenger side mid section of the underpanel so it was hanging down. Noticed within 500 mi of taking delivery.

Resolution:
Waited 2.5 hours at dealership for them to say they can't get these clips without ordering the entire panel so they're going to just use a nut and washer.

Awesome, brand new car already jerry rigged with its first bandaid. Not the best first impression of a car company.
Callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 13:50   #19
TDI-rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callipygian View Post
Awesome, brand new car already jerry rigged with its first bandaid. Not the best first impression of a car company.
I don't think that is the first impression VW wants you to have, either. Sounds like your dealership dropped the ball on this one to me - the missing fastener is a factory defect and warranty work should be charged to the factory. The dealership should not have any concern whether they have to order you one fastener or an entire panel to fix it correctly.

I'd ask the dealership again to fix it correctly. If they don't, VW of America customer service would probably get involved.
TDI-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2014, 16:47   #20
kensic

Quote:
Issue:
Missing fastener on the passenger side mid section of the underpanel so it was hanging down. Noticed within 500 mi of taking delivery.

Resolution:
Waited 2.5 hours at dealership for them to say they can't get these clips without ordering the entire panel so they're going to just use a nut and washer.

then they should have replaced the whole panel. I would have sat my ass there and talked to the highest personnel there till they do it correctly.
kensic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:55   #21
Korab
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: it had better be good

the nut and washer would have been an acceptable short term fix to keep you on the road, but, only while they are waiting for the panel to come in.
Korab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 06:35   #22
Callipygian

I had gone in during a snowstorm, I was most interested in getting the panel secure before it got marred up hanging down into half a foot of snow everywhere, but I think you guys are correct. I just hate being that guy, but I guess they're going to push me to get it resolved properly by being a squeaky wheel. Maybe I can get them to agree to have whatever parts ready to replace it at my 10000mi service. I don't have much time to sit around while my car gets tinkered with....which is sorta why I bought a new car....
Callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 19:49   #23
Caseyb476
Veteran Member

Quote:
I had gone in during a snowstorm, I was most interested in getting the panel secure before it got marred up hanging down into half a foot of snow everywhere, but I think you guys are correct. I just hate being that guy, but I guess they're going to push me to get it resolved properly by being a squeaky wheel. Maybe I can get them to agree to have whatever parts ready to replace it at my 10000mi service. I don't have much time to sit around while my car gets tinkered with....which is sorta why I bought a new car....
Be that guy. I had an issue with my WRX that had 100k miles on it. An intake hose was improperly reinstalled on my car after service, and I relocated to a new timezone shortly thereafter. Was unable to have the dealer fix it, and they (the dealer) said the only remedy was to let them do the repair (1500 miles away). I contacted Subaru and they offered to cut me a check for the $750 repairs before the dealer was able to return their call. Granted I had photo evidence, but they even threw in a WRC Blue grocery bag.

As for common issues, I have noticed the sticker on the muffler is peeling and hanging off a lot of new TDIs. Better get mine fixed asap
Caseyb476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2014, 02:53   #24
JASONP
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5l/100

In the past month this has happened 3 times.

At or about the current temperature (0C) the first attempt to start AFTER go cycle the engine continues to crank with no full being injected for about 5 seconds then starts. There's no rough idle or shaking but even if I let go of the key it continues to crank, I'm thinking the starter is on a relay and cranks until it starts.
Annoying and concerning but I dread to think this could be the start of the continuation of the mk6 intercooler issue which was supposed to have been addressed with the water cooled intercooler.
Will monitor for a while and report back.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old December 8th, 2014, 08:53   #25
Korab
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyb476 View Post
Be that guy. I had an issue with my WRX that had 100k miles on it. An intake hose was improperly reinstalled on my car after service, and I relocated to a new timezone shortly thereafter. Was unable to have the dealer fix it, and they (the dealer) said the only remedy was to let them do the repair (1500 miles away). I contacted Subaru and they offered to cut me a check for the $750 repairs before the dealer was able to return their call. Granted I had photo evidence, but they even threw in a WRC Blue grocery bag.

As for common issues, I have noticed the sticker on the muffler is peeling and hanging off a lot of new TDIs. Better get mine fixed asap

Mine is too! is there a TSB out for this yet???
Old December 8th, 2014, 08:54   #26
yatzee
Veteran Member

TDI(s): see sig

Quote:
Mine is too! is there a TSB out for this yet???
why would there be? Just remove the sticker!
Old December 8th, 2014, 08:55   #27
Korab
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatzee View Post
why would there be? Just remove the sticker!
your sarcasm detector is broken...

Old December 8th, 2014, 08:55   #28
yatzee
Veteran Member

TDI(s): see sig

Quote:
your sarcasm detector is broken...

it's still early
Old December 9th, 2014, 05:47   #29
FVWVWF
Veteran Member

Im thinking about getting a Golf....so I reading this I can assume ya'll not having any squeeking/cracking/popping interior noises like the 11-12 Jetta's?
FVWVWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2014, 05:56   #30
Korab
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVWVWF View Post
Im thinking about getting a Golf....so I reading this I can assume ya'll not having any squeeking/cracking/popping interior noises like the 11-12 Jetta's?
after 2100 miles its solid as a rock with nary a squeak rattle or rub to be found.