www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old May 20th, 2010, 22:25   #1
Lex4TDI4Life
Veteran Member

Default WTB: Stock MKIV Jetta Headlights - Help Get a Set of Crappy Fake HIDs off the Street!

My buddy bought a 2.0 with a particularly crappy set of aftermarket HIDs in reflector housings

Does anyone have some straight stock Jetta headlights they need to unload? Do the driving community a favor and help me get these garbage pseudo-HIDs off the street!
RC2, Bosch T4-764 injectors, OMI, SBC Stg 2 Clutch, Koni FSDs, TT LCA Bushings, The Mystery Bar, Dieselgeek Panzer Plate, Elephant Hose, DG Race Pipe, Autometer Cobalt Boost Gauge, Boostvalve,Fumoto Valve, Mufflerectomy, Scangauge II
Lex4TDI4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 23:56   #2
Left Coast Resident
Ubẽr Clubbie

I might have. I'll take a look tomorrow and PM you if I don't space out and forget I typed this (it's late here).
"What luck for rulers that men don't think. And don't drive with Dave, no matter what!" -- attributed to Adolf H. ... "I yam what I yam not." -- If Popeye was Nietzsche ... "Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything" -- attributed to Joseph Stalin, not to DOK
Left Coast Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:13   #3
Lex4TDI4Life
Veteran Member

Sweet, thanks.
RC2, Bosch T4-764 injectors, OMI, SBC Stg 2 Clutch, Koni FSDs, TT LCA Bushings, The Mystery Bar, Dieselgeek Panzer Plate, Elephant Hose, DG Race Pipe, Autometer Cobalt Boost Gauge, Boostvalve,Fumoto Valve, Mufflerectomy, Scangauge II
Old May 21st, 2010, 15:20   #4
Left Coast Resident
Ubẽr Clubbie

I've got a pair of the stock Hellas that are original and came off of my 2002 Jetta. They are complete with bulbs, in good condition, all four mounting tabs are intact, nothing is broken. However, it might not come as a big surprise that the plastic lenses are a little bit cloudy. I used plastic polish on one of them today to see how it would clean up, and it cleans up well, but not perfectly.

In the interest of full disclosure, one lens has a small, very tight, 1" long crack in it. Maybe crack is too strong a word -- it looks like a scratch but the surface feels slightly uneven. It's not something that should bother you, but it's there.

I'll see if I can get a chance to take and post up a couple of pictures in the next few days. You can have the pair for $50 plus shipping if you're interested.

Al
"What luck for rulers that men don't think. And don't drive with Dave, no matter what!" -- attributed to Adolf H. ... "I yam what I yam not." -- If Popeye was Nietzsche ... "Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything" -- attributed to Joseph Stalin, not to DOK
Old May 21st, 2010, 16:39   #5
Lex4TDI4Life
Veteran Member

Cloudy was in the forecast

Lemme just double check with my buddy and we can do this. Shipping would be to 06854.
Old May 21st, 2010, 19:22   #6
Lex4TDI4Life
Veteran Member

We're on. Let me know your paypal and how much you want.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 00:22   #7
Left Coast Resident
Ubẽr Clubbie

I'll box them up neatly on Monday, figure out how much the shipping is, and then I'll PM you RE my paypal info. and where you want them shipped.

Thanks,
Al
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:23   #8
Lex4TDI4Life
Veteran Member

Outstanding. Thanks!
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:56   #9
Left Coast Resident
Ubẽr Clubbie

Headlights shipped yesterday. Tracking number in your PM.
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:21   #10
Lex4TDI4Life
Veteran Member

Got it. Thanks for the super quick turnaround!