Little Pittsburgh Clan

pghvdubguy95

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat se 6m,
85Porsche said:
Guys - Excellent idea on starting this thread. A GTG would be great.

I drive an 04 wheat beige Jetta with a european "Jetta TDI" front license plate on my way from Delmont to Harmar everyday.

Scott
Scott,

I think I've past you before, I live in Delmont. I have a white 2 door golf on bbs RXII's.

keks

Veteran Member
TDI
98 porcelain Blue Jetta TDI,,usually seen lurking within a 15 mile radius east of the City.
Nice, just found this thread.

I seen a TDI Cluber on Rt.51 at a getgo,filling up right next to me.
I was in the porcelain blue Mk3 Jetta if your reading this.

So were are you seeing the cheapest Diesel in the burgh?
Just filled up for 2.89 right off lebonon church Rd.
Right before the red light at the Bettis plant going towards dravosburgh/mckeesport
This is a stupid question but Does diesel usually look greenish and clear with bubbles? This was probably the 3rd time I filled up and never noticed. I swore the last time I filled up it was black and opaque but never really paid attention to it.

Stirer

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2003 Platinum Gray GLS
I've usually seen a real light green tint and yes there are plenty of bubbles.

Also, I filled up in Fox Chapel Wed and it was 2.85.

jwlionking

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Black 6 Speed Manual
The bubbles "foam" is what makes it difficult to top off. I usually angle the nozzle to help prevent the bubbles. This makes it easier to consistantly top off, especially if you did the ventectomy.

pathos

TDI
06.5 Jetta TDI
New TDI Owner

Just wanted to stop on and say hello.

In one week I go pick up my brand new Black/Anthracite, Option 1 06.5 Jetta TDI. I can't wait.

I've spent about 2 weeks going through the site, and trying to absorb as much info as I can... I'm sure I'll be referencing a lot of things on here soon.

kirmet

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Galactic Blue
I'm in morgantown, WV not really Pitt but I'm a steelers fan and am always looking for reasons to see whats happening in pittsbrgh.

2002 galactic blue, no mods

keks

Veteran Member
TDI
98 porcelain Blue Jetta TDI,,usually seen lurking within a 15 mile radius east of the City.
I just installed some sprint 205s, a new breather hose(mine was cracked),fuel filter, and viton return hoses,Is this the same car????
It seems like I just droped a V6 in the thing.I think i'm getting the itch to do more ;)

keks

Veteran Member
TDI
Well its between a short shifter and rocket chip. I think i'm leaning more towards the chip. Is a clutch a hard thing to instal yourself?

keks

Veteran Member
TDI
No slippage, but it seems to release towards the top.Not sure if this really matters as it feels ok and not as bad as some.If I get a chip i'm guessing it will eat it up? or does that all matter in how I drive it?

A little list of things that want but not sure of the order I want them just yet:
Scangauge2
rocketchip 1,2 or 3 or what ever is out (depending on $$$ for new clutch)
boostgauge
short shift
gunmetal 17" rims (looks good on porcelain blue)
Leather seats
flares (possibly)
different cluster lighting
different Tails(still trying to decide on smoked or clear)
smoked or clear front bumper turns depending on the tails

I figure I can do at least one mod a month(possibly 2) and still have cash for unexpected problems,rent,food,weekend $$$ and other stuff I can't think of right now since I just woke up.Well until the summer is over anyway and I go back to school full time

Last edited:

astonishedboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Golf, Black Mariah
I'm learning to live with my rocketchip! at first, i really stepped on it, and felt that i was losing too many MPG. I don't think I would want to be without it now. The engine response is good in a sticky situation!

This fella, Adam, was at a GTG I had. 724..539..1928 He sells Scangauge

keks

Veteran Member
TDI
Yea thats what I'm thinking, plus a new cluch is only 180 or so, for a VR6 anyway.
Anyone know any good TDI mechanics in the burgh?I'd like to have my car given a good look over.

keks

Veteran Member
TDI
astonishedboy said:
I'm learning to live with my rocketchip! at first, i really stepped on it, and felt that i was losing too many MPG. I don't think I would want to be without it now. The engine response is good in a sticky situation!

This fella, Adam, was at a GTG I had. 724..539..1928 He sells Scangauge
I'll have to give him a call sometime.
Is he local?

astonishedboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Golf, Black Mariah
keks said:
I'll have to give him a call sometime.
Is he local?
near greensburg, I think...

Yea thats what I'm thinking, plus a new cluch is only 180 or so, for a VR6 anyway.
Anyone know any good TDI mechanics in the burgh?I'd like to have my car given a good look over.
You will also need the G60 flywheel. Whole package is around $300, not including labor. pghPAtdi knows the details. I might be looking at this soon, myself.

keks

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm not far from greensburgh at all,just down 30 going towards the city,North Versailles.

I was under the impression that the A3s didn't need the flywheel?
I'll have to look into it a little more.

Any of yooos drive a black TDI?
I spotted one on the parkway outbound durring rush hour last week,seems they fell asleep at the wheel while waiting for triffic to move.
There are many TDI in pittsburgh,well many VWs anyway.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I had Jeff install a Rocketchip 2/3 switchable -on 2 now(to see how clutch holds out)-also had PP520's put in-no clutch slip yet @ 172k.I saw a post somewhere to check your clutch(mine is releasing near top also) is after you shift into 5th,as you are going along at steady speed-then punch accelerator hard-if your RPM's increase and you don't go any faster, clutch is near end. I don't think we need new flywheels w/ the A3's- they have single mass ones while the A4's have the dual mass ones-check w/ BleachedBora-I also think he has a special on clutch kits this month.