www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old December 1st, 2017, 12:41   #31
Sad Panda

Anyone else seeing a negative number for measured soot load? mine goes from -10.7 to about -3.0
Sad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 07:01   #32
bigb
Veteran Member

I know I am dragging up an old thread here but I am checking in to see how this app has been working for everyone. I have a CRUO and was thinking on giving it a try even though it is not on the list, closet one on the list is CRUA
bigb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 07:24   #33
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Fuel Economy: Great!

If you have the '15 Sportwagen listed in your profile box, it is a CRUA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
I know I am dragging up an old thread here but I am checking in to see how this app has been working for everyone. I have a CRUO and was thinking on giving it a try even though it is not on the list, closet one on the list is CRUA
Old January 13th, 2019, 07:53   #34
bigb
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1854sailor View Post
If you have the '15 Sportwagen listed in your profile box, it is a CRUA.
That would be great, but I am a little confused when I look at my engine sticker
Old January 13th, 2019, 08:20   #35
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Fuel Economy: Great!

That's a zero, not an "O". Your car has the CRUA engine.

Quote:
That would be great, but I am a little confused when I look at my engine sticker
Old January 13th, 2019, 09:39   #36
bigb
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1854sailor View Post
That's a zero, not an "O". Your car has the CRUA engine.
OK thanks will give it a try
Old January 17th, 2019, 18:05   #37
bigb
Veteran Member

Tried it today and seems to be working like a champ. Will have to wait for a regen to see if the duration will show, how long does the duration stay displayed?
Old January 18th, 2019, 13:34   #38
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)

Quote:
Tried it today and seems to be working like a champ. Will have to wait for a regen to see if the duration will show, how long does the duration stay displayed?
For however long as the regen takes. It's pretty intuitive really. I just wish it would work with the screen off and give notification. It sucks that the app has to be in the foreground to work and give notifications.
Old January 18th, 2019, 15:03   #39
bigb
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrogers1 View Post
For however long as the regen takes. It's pretty intuitive really. I just wish it would work with the screen off and give notification. It sucks that the app has to be in the foreground to work and give notifications.
I'm using one of my old Galaxy phones, it fits perfectly down in front of the access door in front of the shifter. The whole phone is dedicated to Torque Pro and VAG DPF for the VW, I have a small Galaxy tablet for my truck just dedicated to TP for that. It gets too busy trying to run all kinds of stuff from my regular phone.
Old January 19th, 2019, 05:22   #40
GreenLantern_TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Mid 40s

Quote:
I'm using one of my old Galaxy phones, it fits perfectly down in front of the access door in front of the shifter. The whole phone is dedicated to Torque Pro and VAG DPF for the VW, I have a small Galaxy tablet for my truck just dedicated to TP for that. It gets too busy trying to run all kinds of stuff from my regular phone.
Probably a good idea as far as trying to do to much stuff while driving. Polar fis would be great for this too but i dont know if theyve got all the bugs worked out.
Old January 19th, 2019, 11:32   #41
bizzle
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrogers1 View Post
Well, glad to see I'm not alone on this one. I think the TDI crowd are, in general, more "in tune" with their vehicles. I know they are supposed to work around the mid regen shut down but I really dislike stepping out of the car, fans running like it's an airplane about to take off and car smelling like a bonfire.
I don't know if I'm more in tune with my car than other drivers, but I am more skeptical of my car's manufacturer than they are...I like to think for good reason!

I mean, that's the rub, right? We want to believe our engineers wouldn't create a situation that could potentially harm our vehicles during normal operating conditions, but at the same time we have to acknowledge it's VW we're dealing with here and all bets are off the table

I try and check if the idle is at/above 1K before shutting off the engine and if it is just leaving it for a bit until it drops back down.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 18:36   #42
bubh4

Fuel Economy: Don't know yet
Default for IOS usersq

I use the app Bluedriver for the iPhone, its a really nice app, it also uses a proprietary dongle called bluedriver as well but is $100. I setup a monitor to watch the DPF system and engine boost.
bubh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 18:53   #43
bigb
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubh4 View Post
I use the app Bluedriver for the iPhone, its a really nice app, it also uses a proprietary dongle called bluedriver as well but is $100. I setup a monitor to watch the DPF system and engine boost.
I heard Bluedriver was the standard for ios however OBDlink-MX just released a new elm 327 version of their dongle called OBDlink-MX Plus which supports both Android and ios and is updated to include every vehicle. I just received mine today and it works great with my VAG DPF and my Torque Pro. Course the old MX worked fine too but it really belonged in my Powerstroke and I was getting tired of switching it back and forth, or forgetting it altogether. I still use Android and will likely never change, but the best feature of the MX devices is their auto shut off feature so they can be left plugged in all the time. Not sure if Bluedriver does this.