www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub


Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 1st, 2017, 12:41   #31
Sad Panda
Member
 
Sad Panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pingree Grove IL
Default

Anyone else seeing a negative number for measured soot load? mine goes from -10.7 to about -3.0
Sad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 07:01   #32
bigb
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Arizona
Default

I know I am dragging up an old thread here but I am checking in to see how this app has been working for everyone. I have a CRUO and was thinking on giving it a try even though it is not on the list, closet one on the list is CRUA
bigb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 07:24   #33
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon
 
1854sailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Fuel Economy: Great!
Default

If you have the '15 Sportwagen listed in your profile box, it is a CRUA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
I know I am dragging up an old thread here but I am checking in to see how this app has been working for everyone. I have a CRUO and was thinking on giving it a try even though it is not on the list, closet one on the list is CRUA
__________________
Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
-George Bernard Shaw
1854sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 07:53   #34
bigb
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Arizona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1854sailor View Post
If you have the '15 Sportwagen listed in your profile box, it is a CRUA.
That would be great, but I am a little confused when I look at my engine sticker
bigb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 08:20   #35
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon
 
1854sailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Fuel Economy: Great!
Default

That's a zero, not an "O". Your car has the CRUA engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
That would be great, but I am a little confused when I look at my engine sticker
__________________
Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
-George Bernard Shaw
1854sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 09:39   #36
bigb
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Arizona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1854sailor View Post
That's a zero, not an "O". Your car has the CRUA engine.
OK thanks will give it a try
bigb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 18:05   #37
bigb
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Arizona
Default

Tried it today and seems to be working like a champ. Will have to wait for a regen to see if the duration will show, how long does the duration stay displayed?
bigb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 13:34   #38
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Omaha NEEEBRASKA
Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Tried it today and seems to be working like a champ. Will have to wait for a regen to see if the duration will show, how long does the duration stay displayed?
For however long as the regen takes. It's pretty intuitive really. I just wish it would work with the screen off and give notification. It sucks that the app has to be in the foreground to work and give notifications.
__________________
Mrrogers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 15:03   #39
bigb
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Arizona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrogers1 View Post
For however long as the regen takes. It's pretty intuitive really. I just wish it would work with the screen off and give notification. It sucks that the app has to be in the foreground to work and give notifications.
I'm using one of my old Galaxy phones, it fits perfectly down in front of the access door in front of the shifter. The whole phone is dedicated to Torque Pro and VAG DPF for the VW, I have a small Galaxy tablet for my truck just dedicated to TP for that. It gets too busy trying to run all kinds of stuff from my regular phone.
bigb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 05:22   #40
GreenLantern_TDI
Veteran Member
 
GreenLantern_TDI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Iowa
Fuel Economy: Mid 40s
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
I'm using one of my old Galaxy phones, it fits perfectly down in front of the access door in front of the shifter. The whole phone is dedicated to Torque Pro and VAG DPF for the VW, I have a small Galaxy tablet for my truck just dedicated to TP for that. It gets too busy trying to run all kinds of stuff from my regular phone.
Probably a good idea as far as trying to do to much stuff while driving. Polar fis would be great for this too but i dont know if theyve got all the bugs worked out.
__________________
2015 Golf SEL. Frost Heater. Ares Skid Plate. Fumoto Valve. PentoIII.
GreenLantern_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 11:32   #41
bizzle
Veteran Member
 
bizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrogers1 View Post
Well, glad to see I'm not alone on this one. I think the TDI crowd are, in general, more "in tune" with their vehicles. I know they are supposed to work around the mid regen shut down but I really dislike stepping out of the car, fans running like it's an airplane about to take off and car smelling like a bonfire.
I don't know if I'm more in tune with my car than other drivers, but I am more skeptical of my car's manufacturer than they are...I like to think for good reason!

I mean, that's the rub, right? We want to believe our engineers wouldn't create a situation that could potentially harm our vehicles during normal operating conditions, but at the same time we have to acknowledge it's VW we're dealing with here and all bets are off the table

I try and check if the idle is at/above 1K before shutting off the engine and if it is just leaving it for a bit until it drops back down.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 18:36   #42
bubh4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Carey
Fuel Economy: Don't know yet
Default for IOS usersq

I use the app Bluedriver for the iPhone, its a really nice app, it also uses a proprietary dongle called bluedriver as well but is $100. I setup a monitor to watch the DPF system and engine boost.
bubh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 18:53   #43
bigb
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Arizona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubh4 View Post
I use the app Bluedriver for the iPhone, its a really nice app, it also uses a proprietary dongle called bluedriver as well but is $100. I setup a monitor to watch the DPF system and engine boost.
I heard Bluedriver was the standard for ios however OBDlink-MX just released a new elm 327 version of their dongle called OBDlink-MX Plus which supports both Android and ios and is updated to include every vehicle. I just received mine today and it works great with my VAG DPF and my Torque Pro. Course the old MX worked fine too but it really belonged in my Powerstroke and I was getting tired of switching it back and forth, or forgetting it altogether. I still use Android and will likely never change, but the best feature of the MX devices is their auto shut off feature so they can be left plugged in all the time. Not sure if Bluedriver does this.
__________________
Brian...
bigb is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone App for EGT Monitor Matt927 VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) 1 October 30th, 2015 07:44
Found a really nice TDI..should I buy it? jerrydgallant TDI 101 21 March 28th, 2010 21:39
Found a very nice compressor map TDIMeister TDI Power Enhancements 35 September 14th, 2008 08:26
found a nice '02 Jetta sedan for sale oilhammer TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted 11 July 8th, 2006 10:05
Found a Really Nice '03 Jetta TDI on Ebay. rixtory TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted 3 June 7th, 2006 08:04


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.18210 seconds with 13 queries
[Output: 117.79 Kb. compressed to 99.37 Kb. by saving 18.42 Kb. (15.64%)]