www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old May 27th, 2019, 06:50   #31
Radman
Veteran Member

I think with your set-up the smoke is there to stay unfortunately....
Old May 30th, 2019, 23:29   #32
DieselDeeds

Thatís awesome man! I am stage 2+ plus and I donít blow any black smoke; Iím also catless. Iíve only once noticed a smalllll amount of black smoke when I floored it a few weeks ago and the smoke only came out when I stepped on the pedal- then disappeared for the rest of the pull.

Just to contribute my personal fuel routines to this thread: I donít use biodiesel; I typically use 76, shell, or chevron diesel and I also add some Stanadyne performance diesel additive on every fill up. My dad uses Stanadyne on his diesel and swears by it. Try regular diesel #2 and some diesel additive. Glad you like the recent mods man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DieselDeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2019, 09:08   #33
Huskies2710
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDeeds View Post
Thatís awesome man! I am stage 2+ plus and I donít blow any black smoke; Iím also catless. Iíve only once noticed a smalllll amount of black smoke when I floored it a few weeks ago and the smoke only came out when I stepped on the pedal- then disappeared for the rest of the pull.

Just to contribute my personal fuel routines to this thread: I donít use biodiesel; I typically use 76, shell, or chevron diesel and I also add some Stanadyne performance diesel additive on every fill up. My dad uses Stanadyne on his diesel and swears by it. Try regular diesel #2 and some diesel additive. Glad you like the recent mods man!

Smoke has definitely lightened up. The shop did not block off the EGR. It has been tuned out. I'm wondering if a block off plate will help the smoke?

I'm going to go the Diesel #2 route exclusively. Currently we have Hotshot Diesel Extreme additive because we were dosing a bit of that in the Mercedes CDI once a month. I'll check out the Standadyne. I know VW was recommending it.

As far as the car, I can't believe it runs even smoother then it did after the first tune and DPF still in. I cannot feel any shifts under WOT throttle with the new Stage 2 ECU tune and updated TCU tune. This past weekend did a trip 720 miles completed on one fill up. There were about 60 miles of stop and go thrown in. I think I could do 800 miles on a tank if it was all highway.
Huskies2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2019, 18:42   #34
2014 A6

Stanadyne all the way. Blue flavor.
2014 A6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 00:42   #35
DieselDeeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskies2710 View Post
I'm wondering if a block off plate will help the smoke?

As far as the car, I can't believe it runs even smoother then it did after the first tune and DPF still in. I cannot feel any shifts under WOT throttle with the new Stage 2 ECU tune and updated TCU tune. This past weekend did a trip 720 miles completed on one fill up. There were about 60 miles of stop and go thrown in. I think I could do 800 miles on a tank if it was all highway.

Thatís awesome man. I think I have the EGR block off plate on my Q5 so that might be one of the reasons I donít get as much smoke- to be honest though, I have no idea if thatís why. I do know that the mileage is insane on these diesels with the deletes. Iím considering making a road trip to the Chicago area with my wife this summer to get that TCU tune done! It sounds like itís worth it if itís reliable. Glad to hear your exhaust smoke is getting better- Keep us updated!

DieselDeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:59   #36
Huskies2710
Veteran Member

Well learning that once you start tinkering you might run into some problems. Noticed after work yesterday I had a clear liquid that was crystallizing under the car. Drip was fairly consistent. To this morning seeing it really dried up on the undertray. Is this an Adblue leak? We only did a dpf delete. Waiting to hear back from the shop. No warning lights thought the Adblue was tuned out.

How corrosive is this stuff should I be washing the bottom of the car off in the meantime? Debating to jack the car up and pull the undertray off while I wait. Not what I want to be doing on my day off of work :/

Old June 17th, 2019, 08:43   #37
Radman
Veteran Member

Looks like DEF fluid leaking from the DEF injector port. Did they not delete the DEF with your tune?
Wash it off with a hose.
Old June 17th, 2019, 10:07   #38
Huskies2710
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
Looks like DEF fluid leaking from the DEF injector port. Did they not delete the DEF with your tune?
Wash it off with a hose.
The kit was a Buzzken DPF delete. It does not delete the EGR or DEF.
https://www.tunemyeuro.com/dpf-delete-for-audi-q5-a6/

From my understanding we just tuned out the EGR/DEF. I've been wondering if keeping the EGR intact has allowed the car to warm up as normal but also creates more smoke. I have had no loss of heat when running the heater which I felt was odd. At the same time this could be causing more smoke to be emitted as well?

Seeing as I'm not the most mechanically inclined. It took me a bit to get the under tray off but I have finally gotten there after picking up the right tools. Trying to be proactive. Here is what I found.
Old June 17th, 2019, 20:00   #39
Huskies2710
Veteran Member

Drained the Adblue out. Should of been done from the start. Seems it leaked from the connector that was disconnected.

I'm wondering if more should be done to remove completely though...