2012 Oil and coolant leak

AaronB

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Beater Passat. Real piece
Just bought this car . Dealership did a good job covering it up. But take the belly pan off the oil pan is covered in coolant residue. Can visually see anything leaking everything is so compact. Maybe the thermostat housing?

Next oil leak. Back of moto passenger side. Noticed it at s stop light when I started to smell burning oil. Take a peak back there the entire back of motor is covered. Cannotpinpoint. It's not a valve seal. Maybe cam seal? . Turbo drain appears to be fine. But once again pretty tight back there

AaronB

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks . Doesnt look fun. Also I might have to use some dye in the oil to help trace the leak without gutting the back of the engine.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
Go back to the dealer and raise hell. How long ago did you buy the car? Aren't there laws in your state regarding warranty?

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
If possible clean the engine with simple green or gunk engine. Check for new leaks and source(s).

AaronB

Veteran Member
TDI
Signed a dang as is agreement. And yes I need to clean it all up and see where that leads. If it's an oil cooler. Can you delete it? To my knowledge it's only to heat oil up quicker to operating temps ?

AaronB

Veteran Member
TDI
Found a leak. Appears oil filter housing to block area. Oil cooler to filter housing looks fine.