ahu from mk3 to B3

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Reading the link, it seems, free 3rd party hosting may only be a temporary thing...

Will people be willing to pay around $50 per year or only want free?

-Todd

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Reading the link, it seems, free 3rd party hosting may only be a temporary thing...

Will people be willing to pay around $50 per year or only want free?

-Todd
Will be interested to find out if they actually follow through on that threat.

I would think people would be more inclined to do a monthly although with so many companies now charging 'fees' I'm getting pretty tired of the wallet tax.

Zwift charges monthly, that will go to $18 / mo next november, Strava premium charges a fee, Trainer Road and Training Peaks both charge fees for their better services, which really doesn't get you all that much.

I don't like that you just can't buy something outright anymore. It's too bad that's a consequence of the horrible finances in this country, where everything is purchased on payments. Now that companies have figured out that their fortunes can be guaranteed by the income stream from a perpetual series of monthly payments it's all over. It's like insurance companies writ large, everything is a monthly payment and you never actually own any of it.

Rant over....

Steve

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Agreed. I can't fathom buying a car and then having to pay the automaker a monthly fee to unlock "premium" features.

Nor would I want a feature that would rely on the upkeep and obsolecsence policy of an automaker. Last thing I would want would be for a feature on the car to stop working because the OEM decided they would no longer support it.